“Disappointed”

Thai Red Chili's
Ranked #122 of 482 Restaurants in McAllen
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed March 9, 2014

My husband and I use to come to this place as a special treat. It has been several months since we last visited. I do not know if there was a change in management since then but we were really disappointed with the restaurant's pricing and service. The prices increased and the portions were no different. The ingredients to some of the dishes were quite basic, in fact. We felt them charging $2 for a small cup (literally less than a cup) of steamed rice was a bit of a rip off.
Our waiter was nice but we had to ask for utensils, drinks, napkins, etc. every other time he came by. We realized this restaurant was not what it used to be…

I am sorry to say we will not be returning to this place anytime soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Sorry to say, this place on downhill slide...junky atmosphere, with annoying tv in your face; not very clean. Asked waitress foe spexials - told none. Saw specials board on way out. Long wait, unbussed tables,had to ask for silverware, waitress knew nothing, no refills offered on drinks, long wait for food, appetizer came after entree, food greasy &tasteless, meat tough &dry. Spring rolls had some gooey tasteless unidentifiable filling served with tasteless orange goo for dipping,

Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice meal and the service was great. Word of advice do not challenge the cook. I asked for extra spicy and they delivered. I have ordered several menu items and all have been great.

Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

We are from West coast and eat Thai weekly. This is the worst I've ever had. The waiter asked how it compared and I said I'd never quite tasted anything like their food. He asked if that was good and I said "no". He did say they have difficulty getting authentic ingrediants. So I understand the
Lack of fresh rice noodles but our 2 entrees both tasted like packaged gravy mix and one was a stir fry.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We were really quite surprised at how good the food was. I read the reviews so I figured it would at least be decent. It was perfect! Just the right amount of spice, plenty of food, lots of flavor, and the service was excellent. We will most likely come back here one more time before our short trip ends!

Been to Thai Red Chili's? Share your experiences!