“FIND THIS PLACE!!”

Blue Onion
Ranked #22 of 460 Restaurants in McAllen
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Love going to this place. Unique food selection with great prices. No, I don't work there. Glad I don't or I'd gain 50 pounds. Seriously, go try this place. Top five in McAllen by far, but for a fraction of the cost. More of a sandwich place with a few entrees, but honestly a great place to eat and very comfortable feel.

1  Thank Frqntflyr12
There are newer reviews for Blue Onion

Reviewed October 21, 2012

My husband and I eat here at least once a month.
I highly recommend the dip sampler, we always get it. Some of my favorite foods here are: The house salad, gyro, shrimp and feta pizza, fish soup, beef stew.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Love the food, Love the menu. Love the location. Can't stand the noise level and smokey smell. I still go because the food is THAT GOOD. But be prepared to yell.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

I've been to this place a few times and it is one of my favorite options for lunch in McAllen! Too bad it is not located closer to where I work/live! The ingredients are FRESH and used in a great way! My only disappointment so far was the Pizza al Pastor... good idea but they could have definitely done better! The salads are great and so are the PO Boys. The service is great and the place is nice and clean... but a couple of tables could be removed to leave more space between the remaining tables.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stop here whenever we are in the area. The pizzas are made with a flatbread crust, crispy with only fresh toppings. The flatbread and dips are amazing, again all fresh and homemade. I love the chili (a bit spicey) and all the wraps. I'm sure I've had them all. I especially like the grilled veggies! Bar is very nice and prices are reasonable.