“One of the best CB ever”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #19 of 482 Restaurants in McAllen
Reviewed November 21, 2012

A huge location but was never too busy to get us seated and settled in. Callisto was our server and he was cute, fun , helpfull and a heck of a good server. Avoid fish dishes, they don't know what they are doing with fish, concentrate on country classics or just have a stick to your ribs breakfast

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I didn't know what to expect service wise, when I saw the place was packed. I was pleasantly surprised that our waitress was ver efficient and helpful. Food was very good. Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Had a terrible experience at this Crackle Barrel. I was craving my favorite: Broccoli Cheddar Chicken, I called ahead because I know they run out. The lady I spoke to tells me there are only 3 servings left so I ask her if they can hold one for me and she says yes. She takes down my name and my husband and I drive the 15 miles so I can eat what I'm craving. When I get there I inform the waiter that they are holding a serving of Broccoli Cheddar Chicken for me. He goes to the back to check and comes back to let me know they are sold out! I was outraged that we had to waste 15 miles worth of gas just because incompetent people can't do their job right. My husband goes to the front and aks the lady why they didn't hold the chicken for me, the manager goes to the back to check and sends a female employee to tell my husband its first come first served, then why didn't they tell me this over the phone when I called to ask if they could hold the plate for me in the first place? My husband waited for the manager but he stayed in the back to avoid speaking to him. Horrible!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I hung around the hotel later than I would have liked for dinner and decided to head for a dessert and coffee instead of dinner. Upon arriving, I was seated promptly. I enjoyed great service from my server, and ended up having a salad before dessert. She kept up during my entire meal, and checked in regularly. At cash out, the gentleman who took care of my check was very personable and friendly. For a quick evening dinner and dessert, I highly recommend this Cracker Barrel. Thanks!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

The nice thing about the Cracker Barrel is that the food is consistent country-wide. It's good old fashioned home cooking that you can count on. We usually eat breakfast, so that's what we know the most about. We like the fresh biscuits and gravy and light, fluffy pancakes. They also allow RV's to park overnight in their spacious parking lots, which is a real plus for full-time RV'ers like ourselves. We even have a Cracker Barrel iPhone app so while we're traveling we can find them!

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!