“Great customer service!”

Ranked #14 of 457 Restaurants in McAllen
Cedar Park, Texas
“Great customer service!”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I hung around the hotel later than I would have liked for dinner and decided to head for a dessert and coffee instead of dinner. Upon arriving, I was seated promptly. I enjoyed great service from my server, and ended up having a salad before dessert. She kept up during my entire meal, and checked in regularly. At cash out, the gentleman who took care of my check was very personable and friendly. For a quick evening dinner and dessert, I highly recommend this Cracker Barrel. Thanks!

Visited July 2012

Dale, Wisconsin
“Good Home Cooking!”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

The nice thing about the Cracker Barrel is that the food is consistent country-wide. It's good old fashioned home cooking that you can count on. We usually eat breakfast, so that's what we know the most about. We like the fresh biscuits and gravy and light, fluffy pancakes. They also allow RV's to park overnight in their spacious parking lots, which is a real plus for full-time RV'ers like ourselves. We even have a Cracker Barrel iPhone app so while we're traveling we can find them!

Visited February 2012
Katy, Texas
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

It is very conveniently located in front of the hotel I stay at. The food and service is great.

Visited May 2012
Edinburg, Texas
“Down Home Atmosphere to Match the Down Home Cooking”
Reviewed October 27, 2010

What a great restaurant! First, my sister and I walked into the restaurant on a walkway lined with the coziest looking rocking chairs of different shapes and sizes. Then we entered the store, and we were immediately greeted by a friendly shopkeeper, selling seasonal bags at a modest price for carrying shopping items. The smell of rich fall spices wafted through the air, and there were all kinds of great items to peruse. After I dragged my sister out of the bargain bin at the back of the store, we made our way to the other side where the restaurant is. The service was excellent, and the salads were really delicious. The fresh-baked corn bread and muffins were also scrumptuous. We
both marveled at what a wonderful job the decorators had done to give the
room a really nice feeling with all the antique farm equipment and
the nostalgic items and photos from 75 and more years ago. The only
negative was that a family had brought a baby who proceeded to have
a temper tantrum, crying at the top of her lungs and kicking the floor.
But as soon as that family left, we finished our salads in peace and went
back to shop a bit more. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that the
Cracker Barrels have a wonderful reading program that schools can
apply for in which they donate a barrel full of books and two rocking chairs.
They also rent out playaway books in their stores across the country
for people who travel by car. A person could rent a book in St. Louis, finish it,
and turn it in when they get to McAllen for another one. Great concept.
They're locally owned, and everyone was really great there. I'd highly recommend this
restaurant, particularly as a place to go for after church dining.

2 Thank ppower2900
McAllen TX
“Mixed feelings about this place”
Reviewed September 28, 2008

I've been here several times and there are ups and downs to this place. One time I went I got great service and food. Another time our waitress was HORRIBLE and the chicken and dumplings were undercooked. It was like eating raw dough. Needless to say we didn't tip her that night. I recommend the chicken fried steak it is excellent. Also, buy some of the apple licorice in the country store area, it's really good. Overall this place has great food but hopefully they fired that waitress and don't order the chicken and dumplings until they start making them correctly.

1 Thank gringodelvalle