“Pretty Good BBQ”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, Florida
“Pretty Good BBQ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I came here for dinner. The place looks tiny from the outside but it's pretty big inside. They have a pretty basic BBQ menu. I ordered the brisket sandwich. The bread itself was yummy. It was like a soft honey glazed roll on the outside and buttery and crisp in the inside. The meat was very tender and the sauce had a nice sweet tang to it. Our server was great. She could tell my friend and I were catching up so she bothered us as little as possible while still being attentive. We ended up splitting a peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Big mistake! We should have each got our own! It was super good! Overall I would recommend this place for a nice casual dinner. Good food, good prices, excellent customer service!

Edinburg, Texas
“compared to other BBQ joints, its okay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

like the title of my review suggests, its an okay place to get BBQ. there are better places to go to get BBQ and I'm not saying that Rudy's bbq. Its your average bread and butter bbq restaurant, like most family owned or small business restaurant owners aim for when it comes to bbq décor, it has that rustic barebones theme going on. I've been to bbq restaurant joints all around Texas from Lockhart, to Dallas and of course here at home. Which is why I think their bbq is average at best. prices are decent and portions are as well. My father and the staff at Mission Hospital always order out from the Mission location which is a smaller and older building. Food is the same there as it is in McAllen so consistency isn't an issue.

All in all you can't go wrong with this place. However, when it comes to other restaurants around the area they do close early if you go out for dinner with friends or family during weekends. Wish they stayed open at least til 10pm but then again they're not the only place in town, especially considering they're in an area where there are restaurants lined up all along 10th street.

• Visited February 2013
Laredo, Texas
“Excellent BBQ, homemade grapefruit pie and peach cobbler”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We actually went to the original restaurant at 2224 U.S. 83 Business, Mission, TX, but Tripadvisor doesn't have a listing for that restaurant and hasn't posted it after I asked them to list it.

It's a low slung building, plain and non-descript.

I had the barbecue brisket - it was dry, tender, lean, and moderately smoked. I like heavier smoked BBQ generally, but otherwise this was excellent.

We actually came here mainly for the desserts - the grapefruit pie is scratch-built and fresh, with homemade whipped cream and crust, and the peach cobbler was wonderful also.

• Visited May 2013
Alamo, Texas, United States
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

The whole experience, atmosphere allowed me to enjoy my dish. Service match the cost. Food was hot and the presentation very pleasant .

Visited October 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

In my opinion, Lone Star has the best BBQ in town. I especially love the bread on their chicken sandwiches. Great place to get some local ambience.

Visited March 2013