All reviews plenty of dining options convention center modern design the performing arts center fantastic stay will stay there again beans beautiful hotel great room living room oatmeal hot tub comfortable bed bluetooth mirror lily roxanne
Selected filters
Reviewed April 3, 2019

The bed was almost too comfy I didn't want to get out. The bartender was too friendly and good at making our drinks and the hotel was so posh. Also too close to all the restaurants and shopping and the convention center - seriously, too great a stay! Definitely would stay here again.

Room tip: As for an odd number room, away from the street traffic
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
RoxanneP379, General Manager at Cambria hotel Mcallen Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

We are pleased you enjoyed our comfy beds and great service. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Reviewed February 24, 2019

People at check in were very efficient and polite, in fact all the staff was very attentive. Our room was modern and clean, even though the temperature regulation was a bit off, we were not uncomfortable and the bed was just right. We were there for a convention, and even during the busy parts of the day, like breakfast, the staff did their best to keep up. I will stay there again.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
RoxanneP379, General Manager at Cambria hotel Mcallen Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at Cambria McAllen. We are honored that you enjoyed your stay while attending your conference.

Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

Yep, the people upstairs are very heavy footed. But they went to be before midnight, so didn’t keep us up too late, just very annoying. I love TripAdvisor, but they won’t let me leave a short review. I have to add more detail for my review to be accepted.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Please allow me to apologize for the experiences regarding the noise disturbances on your most recent stay. We appreciate your feedback as it is the constant foundation to our service and product improvement.

I am pleased to inform you that we have installed area rugs in every guest room to reduce the sound of footsteps coming from the room above. We hope this will improve our guest experiences and look forward to making your next stay great.

Reviewed January 25, 2019

I checked into the Cambria hotel in McAllen. I would say that it is certainly one of the nicest hotels in this town. It is really well located next to a large shopping district so food options are easy. The room was well appointed and large. I had a separate work area, which was important as I had to stay for a couple of days and get some real work done.

On one evening, the blackout blinds fell from the window as I slept. I didn't really notice until morning, but staff were really good about it. They apologized although there was nothing they could do about it, and promised to get it fixed up. THe staff were very courteous and prompt in replies via text. No phone in the room, but my text messages were returned quickly - it was a great way to communicate for me. I will stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room tip: ask for the 4th floor. It is away from the noise of level one/two, and has decent views looking south to the conf. centre.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

On behalf of our entire team, we apologize for the experience regarding the black out blinds and are glad our team quickly responded to the necessary repair. We appreciate your feedback and are honored that the rest of your stay was enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Reviewed November 11, 2018

Very clean and spacious room with excellent customer service. Walk across the parking lot to the convention center and about 5 minutes to the Palms shopping center with great restaurants and shops. Good value and nice breakfast. Free shuttle to and from airport.

Date of stay: November 2018
1  Thank Elizabeth S

We look forward to seeing you again soon and making your next stay another great experience.