“Long term stay”

Ranked #29 of 42 Hotels in McAllen
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Long term stay”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Breakfast every morning, dinner Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday included. I love they have stoves and refigerators. Not a mini refigerator either! I like to have lunch in my room and love being able to cook it and relax while working split shifts. The couch (chaise) is sooooo comfy, I usually end up falling asleep there. Every one has been friendly and is always looking for ways to make your stay more enjoyable.

Room Tip: I like the higher floors - seems to have less noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Joshua R, General Manager at Residence Inn McAllen, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and giving us your feedback and great comments about your recent stay at the Residence Inn Marriott McAllen. We are very proud of our Service and staff here. Once again, thank you for your time and we look forward to having you back soon. Please feel free to contact me directly for any future reservations or any of the staff.
956-994-8626

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Austin
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here over the weekend for a conference. Hotel is nice and clean, COLD AC...I like that. Security was on site...at least I saw them a few times. The one bedroom king suite I had was spacious, comfortable and I had no problems.

The enterance was a little hard to find, because you see the sign from the road, but the hotel is actually off the freeway and the turn comes up very quickly. Check in was fast, the staff was very helpful with directions to the convention center.

If you are staying for a longer period of time, you get a kitchen and full fridge to cook your own meals in your room.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area and further from the back door are the quietest.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Joshua R, General Manager at Residence Inn McAllen, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time and givings us your experience at the Hotel. We are working with the city to see where else off the highway we can put another sign. Once again, thank you for your comments and we are pleased you enjoyed the Hotel. Next time in McAllen give us a call.

Texas City, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I stayed here a few nights in May 2012 during a business trip to McAllen, Texas. The hotel is an older property that has been renovated and is in good repair. The hotel sits back from the freeway about 1/2 a block, lending a bit more quiet for guests (another hotel is located between the freeway and the Residence Inn, absorbing much of the road noise). Check-in was quick and without issues. I was upgraded without asking to a larger room.Hotel staff seemed genuinely interested in providing a relaxing stay.Flat screen TVs were located in the living room and bedroom (this is an extended stay suite hotel, complete with full kitchen). Mattress was comfy. I wouldhave liked a thicker comforter. My room had a gas fireplace (who knows why in South Texas), but I did not use it. Had I stayed for an entire month I would have been comfortable. The wireless internet was fast enough to stream music and video TV shows, and provided a steady signal, without a fee. The free internet from the next-door Drury Inn is also useable, surprisingly. Reception staff indicated the hotel was frequently booked full. An Olive Garden Restaurant is next door, an easy stroll for a dinner. Other than that one has to drive to get a meal out.McAllen is not that big, and all of the expected chain restaurants line both sides of the freeway for a few miles. Otherwise a drive north on 10th street offers many local eateries, grocery stores, etc. The hotel is five (5) minutes away from the McAllen Airport. A large hospital is directly across from the freeway.A large shopping mall(La Plaza Mall I think) is situated between the airport and the freeway and is about 1 1/2 miles from the hotel. Hot food is offered free evenings Monday-Wednesday. Beer and wine are offered free with evening meals. A good continental breakfast is provided gratis daily from 0630-0900 weekdays. Weekends breakfast starts thirty minutes later. Breakfast offering include four (4) warm food choices, usually scrambled eggs, hash, egg + ham biscuit sandwiches, bacon and other offerings that are rotated daily. Oatmeal, yogurt, breads, cereals and waffles are also offered. A small workout room is provided with a couple of treadmills, stair-climber and a stationary bike. The hotel offers complimentary passes to a local fully-equipped gym. There are many newer hotels located near the freeway and Ware Road, but this one was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the courtyard and pool area. Some of the longer-term guests congregate the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bahnreise
Joshua R, General Manager at Residence Inn McAllen, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
We would like to thank you for taking the time and putting your comments regarding your Hotel stay. We will share with the staff and we look forward to having you back at the Hotel in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly for future bookings. Once again, thank you for your time.

Keller, Texas
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have traveled to many places for business and I give two thumbs up to the hotel staff and the hotel itself. I wished I could name everyone Lettie :), Christina, Joshua, Alex, Jay..and those not named are AWESOME! From the manager, Asst. manager, front desk, housekeeping staff, hospitality to maintenance; they all make you feel welcomed.
This is my second time to stay at this hotel. I had the choice during this trip to stay at another hotel but I CHOSE to return to this hotel.
Reason?
I felt like I was home away from home; safe, with staff always smiling, and making sure I was comfortable in all levels of my stay. Every morning, there is a large selection of breakfast items, not your typical Continental breakfast! The coffee is great and it was my jump start to take with me on the way to work. Dinner offered on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays make for a wonderful retreat back to the hotel after a long day at work. It offers convenience of not having to eat out and saves money for yourself or the Company. And to top it off, there is complimentary wine and beer too.

3 floors at this hotel. I am a light sleeper so I enjoyed my room on the third floor. I recommend the backside of hotel as the front faces the swimming pool which might be loud. There's also a grill to use by the pool. The rooms are spacious with a stove and full refrigerator. I had the luxury of making my meals. The bed was super comfortable.

There is also a workout room with two treadmills but you have an option of going down the street approximately one mile away to work out at the new Freedom Fitness with a dark room (exercise equipment with tv's) makes for a theater effect. Take your hotel key with you to sign in and work out for free!

Being a reality show junkie, I missed not being able to watch my Bravo shows in my room. But that is all I can complain about and my husband taped my shows back home so I didn't miss out!

I am the type of person, if an establishment of any kind gives above average service, I will share the wealth of information so others can experience the same experience that I had the pleasure of having.

Thank you Trip Advisor for giving this opportunity. I hope to return again one day.

Marissa Gonzalez

Room Tip: Third floor facing backside or East.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you So Much for your comments! I will pass them along to the staff and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. It was our pleasure you have you and your group at our Hotel. Thanks again,

Clinton TN
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The staff was very friendly and the manegers evening reception was very good. Real food and wine. Perfect at the end of the day.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Boston
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed in a two-bed, two-bath suite for a great price. Full breakfast comes with the room! Definitely will be my first choice when I go back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I spent two weeks in this hotel. It's clean and the staff is nice. The beds are great and a good night's sleep is guaranteed. Alex (front desk) is very friendly and works hard to meet guest needs.

The hallways were dimly lit in an attempt to save money on lighting. The rooms were average and comfortable, although the hotel could use some updating. Water pressure is low -- don't expect an invigorating shower.

During my first week at this hotel, another hotel guest was smoking marijuana in their bathroom. The smell permeated my room. I asked the hotel management to investigate. On the second day, my whole room smelled like a pot party had taken place before I arrived. On the third day, the maid had cleaned the room and left the bathroom fan on. Problem solved...I guess.

Week two, new room:

- One of the closet doors was missing.
- One of the reading lamps was missing.
- The handle and hardware on the toilet was missing.
- The cable tv in the bedroom didn't work.

The hotel management resolved the problems in one day and apologized for the inconvenience.

Overall - a good experience. Given another chance to stay in McAllen, I would recommend the Hampton Inn or the Embassy Suites in the same area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your time in letting us know about your stay. As you mentioned Management was aware of the issue and since then has replaced and corrected all those mentioned. Please feel free to contact me directly in the future and we thank you again for your time.