“You know what you'll get...” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 445 Restaurants in McAllen
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
México
“You know what you'll get...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2012

Food is very good (although some light options would be necessary). Service is very good and friendly. I witnessed an "inspector" making sure that the whole place was clean (including rugs and decoration).

Visited June 2012

Bartow, Florida
“OK for a rubber stamp fish place”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

A lot better than some Red L's we've tried. They all lack something - I guess you could say they lack individuality. The fish they serve can be ok. As I said, this was better than some we've encountered.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank KB B
Bowling Green, Ohio
“Excellent Waitress and Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

For us, it is always great to find excellent food and and excellent service all at the same location. We found both at the Red Lobster in McAllen, TX. Our waitress was a very friendly, pleasant young woman who was highly efficient and she made our experience all the more enjoyable. Obviously this place has a great reputation in the community as it was packed with people and many, many were waiting in the bar, lobby, and even outside in the parking lot!! Definitely recommend highly!

Visited January 2012
Monterrey, Mexico
“Red Lobster - What else can you say?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

It's a chain. You've been to one RL, you've been to them all. Nice staff, good food, great biscuits.

Visited November 2011
Weslaco, Texas
“Birthday dinner, wrong place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

At first I wanted to go to another place, but changed my mind as I had had some very good meals here. Bad idea, go with your first choice.
I had stuffed Flounder, dont think Flounder was legal size to catch in Texas, and tasted like Asian. Stuffing had very little flavor. Wife had a shrimp dish and I was amazed to see the ground-up and formed like shrimp! Same things you see on a Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet.
I will not go back because I like seafood, so will look for a restaurant that serves it.

• Visited October 2011