“OK for a rubber stamp fish place”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #23 of 451 Restaurants in McAllen
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bartow, Florida
“OK for a rubber stamp fish place”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

A lot better than some Red L's we've tried. They all lack something - I guess you could say they lack individuality. The fish they serve can be ok. As I said, this was better than some we've encountered.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank KB B

Bowling Green, Ohio
“Excellent Waitress and Food”
Reviewed February 25, 2012

For us, it is always great to find excellent food and and excellent service all at the same location. We found both at the Red Lobster in McAllen, TX. Our waitress was a very friendly, pleasant young woman who was highly efficient and she made our experience all the more enjoyable. Obviously this place has a great reputation in the community as it was packed with people and many, many were waiting in the bar, lobby, and even outside in the parking lot!! Definitely recommend highly!

Visited January 2012
Monterrey, Mexico
“Red Lobster - What else can you say?”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

It's a chain. You've been to one RL, you've been to them all. Nice staff, good food, great biscuits.

Visited November 2011
Weslaco, Texas
“Birthday dinner, wrong place”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

At first I wanted to go to another place, but changed my mind as I had had some very good meals here. Bad idea, go with your first choice.
I had stuffed Flounder, dont think Flounder was legal size to catch in Texas, and tasted like Asian. Stuffing had very little flavor. Wife had a shrimp dish and I was amazed to see the ground-up and formed like shrimp! Same things you see on a Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet.
I will not go back because I like seafood, so will look for a restaurant that serves it.

• Visited October 2011
Edinburg, Texas
“Consistently excellent lobsters and seafood. A gift from the sea.”
Reviewed June 22, 2010

After several months of having abandoned the Red Lobster from Bus. 83, McAllen, due to excessive waiting line, they finally opened another one. The new one is full now, so we we went back to old faithful. Bisquits are freshly made, with a touch of garlic, you can´t stop eating , but you must. The Clam Chowder you can't miss, order a small bowl. Then the salad, a side dish you can leave behind since a treat awaits ahead. I ordered a live lobster fresh from the tank, and my husband the suggestion of the day: grilled salmon. My lobster passed in front of me as it was taken from the tank to the water. I felt soooo guilty; but I ate it all anyway, it was delicious and I thanked the earth and the sea for such a delicious gift. The salmon was great too, but not the shinning star of the night. Desserts are good but become so unimportant after the delicious food, we actually ate a cheesecake with good flavor, just for a change in our tastebuds. We left the place with a complete sensation of happiness to reencounter an old faithful restaurant.