All reviews front desk full kitchen beer and wine home away from home business traveler business trip location is excellent nice hotel cleaning staff shuttle service complimentary breakfast workout room great customer service staff was very friendly comfortable beds happy hour academy
Selected filters
Reviewed February 11, 2019

Service and facility was excellent. Staff was very attentive. There was interest in making sure my needs were addressed. The laundry was usually available and dry cleaning service was efficient. The maid was very diligent. I will return to this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed February 6, 2019

Good place to stay. Breakfast and social were great. Staff were friendly and eager to help. Stayed for one month and anytime I needed anything I asked and it was done. Location is excellent with dining and entertainment close by.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed December 16, 2018

Bad smells throughout the hotel. Staff was average but I did not receive any of my Hilton honors benefits. I will not be staying at this hotel for future trips. The Embassy Suites is a better choice down the road.

Date of stay: December 2018
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Homewood Suites by Hilton McAllen, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2019

Dear Roving01430159564,

Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the unpleasant smell you encountered and lack of Hilton Honors benefits received, as we strive to provide quality accommodations for each of our guests. We have shared your feedback with our team and are actively taking steps to make it right. We appreciate your time in reviewing our hotel and hope to see you again during your next visit to the area.

Reviewed December 16, 2018

I stayed in the Homewood Suites hotel for 10 days recently. It was mostly good and I would recommend it or stay there again. I found it a convenient location close to McAllen and the main routes and also just minutes from the airport. It was quiet. I appreciated the complimentary breakfast and dinners with wine and beer Monday through Thursday nights. It sounds like it is designed for longer stays so I found it odd that the chest of drawers in the rooms to be of such poor quality in fact most of the drawers were inoperable. Also a real lack of hangers. Otherwise a good stay.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 10, 2018

Great location to airport, shopping and restaurants! Great breakfast buffet with hot food and evening social with beer and wine! Rooms are very clean and large. Nice workout facility and clean. Also nice pool area.

Date of stay: November 2018