“Peasant Surprise, and close to town”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Dos Rios RV Park

Llano River cliffs
Path to river Kayaking the Llano - we can get you in touch with local guides.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Path to river
Kayaking the Llano - we can get you in touch with local guides.
Bass in crystal clear water
Swimming hole on the island, great for kids.
Cactus flowers
Llano River
The Eckert Bat Cave is just down the road.  Evening emergences in the summer are spectacular.
Wildflowers in bloom.
View of the Llano from the bluffs on the park.
Clear water.
More cliffs.
Kayaking tours through Tony Plutino.
Picnic tables in the park.
Main Entry Sign - excavated granite from the park!
More wildflowers.
Little cabin
Little cabin interior
Little cabin bathroom
Big cabin
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
fckirk
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Peasant Surprise, and close to town”
Reviewed May 12, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

I've been fishing the Llano river for many years and stayed at a B&B but after it closed I had to find a new place. I love to camp but I like a few comforts like restrooms, hot showers and wifi. They have it all and it's a small park so you don't get too much company, just a little. My camp site was overlooking the river and was very quiet. I would have liked to have had water and electric but I got by. The staff is very attentive and responsive. I used facebook messenger to communicate and always got a quick response to my request for a shuttle for my kayak. The location is great being so close to the small town of Mason. Good eats at the Willow Creek Cafe, Cooper's BBQ, or Santos Taqueria.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
katy s
“Could be better with a few improvements”
Reviewed February 14, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

We had a nice RV spot and our additional family stayed in the tiny house. The house was clean and had good amenities, including a double bed, hot shower, and kitchen supplies. Most people in the RV park were living there and working nearby so every morning we had about 4-5 diesel trucks cruise by the campsite. The park also sits right next to a main road which also lent to some additional noise disturbance. Overall, we thought the park was clean, fairly quiet, dog friendly, and with a nice view of the river.
Our main complaint was with the kayak trip. We were charged $55 to ride the "shuttle" that took 4 people to the drop-in site about 15 minutes away. The "shuttle" was (the owner??'s) an extended cab truck that was dirty, trashy, and smelled like cigarettes. We were dropped off by a bridge by the side of a road with no real drop-in or direction/map. She didn't seem to care and pretty much left us there to figure it out. Plus we were not told how to get back to the RV site. There was a cable across the river with orange flags--we had to go under the cable to get back. Had we not explored the area on our own the day before, we would not have known to cross under the restricted area to get back to the site. Most people would have been deterred by that and gone the wrong way. Once we finished the trip, we then had to take our kayaks up the hill and re-rack them ourselves. After we dragged our kayaks across the first 1/4 mile of rocks, we did have a wonderful time exploring the Llano river--it was clean, quiet, clear, and fun! If Dos Rios wants to continue to offer kayak trips, they need make some changes!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Reviewed July 9, 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The River and the Millions of stars I haven't seen in a very long time.
Liked least: I have tmobile and couldn't even call my husband when he went to the store hahahaha
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing