“Good food, comfortable atmosphere on historic town square of Mason, Texas”
Review of Willow Creek Cafe

Willow Creek Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Mason
Cuisines: American
Houston, Texas
“Good food, comfortable atmosphere on historic town square of Mason, Texas”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I've eaten here a few times over the past year when in Mason. The food has been consistently good. The homemade pizza was really yummy! And, the lemon Italian crème cake was very tasty. It's a reliable place to stop and eat if you're hungry and in town.

As of this writing, they are open 7 days a week & serve breakfast, lunch, dinner or just coffee & dessert :). The types of cuisine they offer include: homemade pizza, traditional American, burgers, seafood, sandwiches, salads, Tex-Mex, vegetarian & more. You can also get your order to go.

Parking is close & convenient & free.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank TLCDMC

Midland, Texas, United States
“Awesome little place!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This cafe is right across from the courthouse on the town square. The building has so much character! The food was great too! It was crowded and during lunch but we had great service and did not wait long! The onion rings are yummy! The home-made chicken salad hit the spot on this hot day! Fun place to eat! I didn't try it but the home made pies looked out of this world with the tallest meringue I have ever seen!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Shelley B
Rocky Mtns, Colorado
“Funky and delicious”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Taking a trip around the area with my mother and young son(finicky eater) in late March to "Bluebonnet Hunt" (a little too early this year for much) and came into Mason around lunchtime. Mother had been here before and was eager to return. Not many diners so we got to pick our seat, right in front by the giant windows which look out onto the square, where they were pruning the giant pecan trees. Good service, thorough menu, fair prices. I enjoyed the enchilada plate, typical Texas style, which means lots of melted cheese and beans a bit syrupy. Fine with me. My son ordered the cheese quesadilla, which was good, although it's pretty hard to mess up a quesadilla. Mother had BLT on UN-toasted bread. She always orders it that way saying, UN-toasted bread" emphatically. It came as ordered. Fries were terrific.
Bathrooms a little awkward in the back through the bar and very utilitarian. They also have a little Bluebell ice cream freezer right at the door so you really can't leave without your favorite flavor!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank CO911dispatcher
austin, tx
“Sunday special isn't any better”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

There are few restaurants open in Mason so Willow Cafe was my only choice. I thought the food at Willow Creek was superb, but then again I had spent the entire morning rockhunting, so I was hungry. .

I got there right with the after church crowd and only had 1 hour to meet back up with my group. My waitress was fast, friendly and efficient.

I got the Sunday special - $9.50 for an entree and two sides, iced tea and dessert.

I couldn't decide between the roast beef or the fried chicken - but lucked out and got the last of the chicken - so you know it must be popular. The breading was light, tasty and seasoned just-right, and the chicken was succulent and MOIST. Had white gravy with my mashed potatoes, and the corn could've used a few less green peppers. The ice tea was not as strong as I like, and I was too full to eat the strawberry short cake (which didn't look like the real thing).

I'd definitely go back.

Visited May 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chicken Fried Steak!”
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I'll definitely be coming back here! Opens at 6am and has great breakfast! Big ol pancakes! I had the puncher taco which was great but everything looked good. Chicken fried steak you could eat twice its so big!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank david79thomas

Been to Willow Creek Cafe? Share your experiences!