“Just right for Tex-Mex”

The Jalapeno Tree Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 75 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We eat here often because they have fresh, crisp tortilla chips with delicious sauces and very good Tex-Mex selections! We actually prefer Tex-Mex over more "authentic" Mexican food (most of the time). My fav is their quesadillas and my wife loves the fajitas (and the margaritas). We have also tried many of the other menu items and have never been disappointed. I like that they give you some choices besides the standard refried beans and rice, too. The service is quick and friendly. This is not a fancy place, but the food is really delicious - or delicioso!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had the shrimp tacos, which were really good. I put some faita butter on it and it made it even better. Come to Marshall once a year and always eat here.

Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped at this place strictly on review rating. We found the staff very friendly and accommodating. The food was great. I asked for extra hot salsa and was brought some fiery habanero sauce that was great- so hot! Loved it! Price was a little high for lunch. $30 for two people. Overall good experience though.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is, without a doubt, my favorite restaurant! The food is delicious EVERY single time I go. I order the same thing every time, but my husband orders something different (his meals have been perfectly delish, too!). I highly recommend this location, or any of their others (we have been to almost every single one of their restaurants!). The green dip, salsa, chips, tortillas, etc. are unbelievably delicious!! You won't be disappointed, I promise!

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stopped at Jalapeño Tree for lunch on a trip from Houston to Arkansas and was pleasantly surprised. Some of the best Mexican Food I have found in Texas. Had the shrimp nachos and they were wonderful.