“Still a good deal”

Days Inn & Suites Marshall
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have stayed here many times over the past 13 years, stayed again 2 days ago, so wanted to update my reviews.

This motel continues to be a good value. Sure it's older and some cosmetics show, but for the money (1/2 what others cost here) it is a contender.

I have never had a dirty room, old and needed maintenace in some areas, sure. Water in the shower always drians a big plus (personal pet peeve). No elevators, so if you need one, get the 1st floor.

Beds are comfortable to me and I have never found hairs on them (huge plus) Pillows where good and they give you 3 of the better ones.

I have never had problems with noise, but try to always stay upstairs, I have heard people when on the ground floor.

I need a good internet connection for work, I have never had issues in the main bldg with poor service. This past stay, the internet was extremely fast.
Contentment is light, but not as basic as some at this price point. Juices, 2 types of cereal, oatmeal (Quaker brand ), bread was regular, they used to have some bagels, had the standard waffle machine and actually had peanut butter if you like. Wish they still had the boiled eggs.

The staff has always been the pearl here, I have never had one be less than friendly, helpful and in a great mood. I work nights, sleep days, so I need a room in the early am and they have been most accommodating over the years.

Food nearby is easy, IHOP within 300' of the SW side of the motel, easy walk. There is an Italian restaurant on site connected to the motel, I haven't eaten there due to hrs, but the place is always packed and I have heard it is good food.

Great parking between the bldgs, which will accommodate a rv's ,buses and semis and I have never had an issue with my equipment trailers on this property.

Hotel is right off I-20, gas stations on the corner, so you can full up and head out pretty darn quick.

Bottom line, if you are on a budget, this place will sure do, she isn't new and has years on her but a good value. If you want newer and fancy, pony up $100+ and go anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank D B

Reviewed June 13, 2014

My stay at the Days Inn in Marshall got off to a good start when I was greeted by the very professional and remarkably well-dressed Lawrence. As I remarked to him, he's probably the best-dressed Days Inn employee I've ever come across. And also one of the most courteous. Perhaps he's already management there, but if not - if you're reading this, hotel management - keep him in mind for your next promotion!

Unfortunately, my experience in the room wasn't quite as positive. Not that it was bad by any means, just not great. The bed was less comfortable than average, the WiFi signal wasn't great, and the room was definitely dated in its style. Plus the TV had some technical issues going on. Specifically, there were lines running through the top.

On the plus side, it was a quiet night and I slept well. The shower was also decent, and the room was clean. Those are three of the most important things, so between that, the reasonable room rate, and the friendliness of the aforementioned hotel staff, I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Days Inn in Copperas Cove is a nice inexpensive hotel with a very nice staff. I would love for them to accept pets. My dog is considerably cleaner than most people and I feel that way about most older couples traveling with their pet. Most Days Inns accept pets but not in Copperas Cove, Texas.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here late one night, just to sleep and head back out the next morning. I know the old adage, you get what you pay for, BUT I paid for a nights sleep and I did NOT get that! The room smelled so bad I seriously considered sleeping in the car! The shower was nasty!! So nasty in fact, I waited to shower until we got to our final destination the following evening! I, in my wildest dreams, can not figure out how the people rating this place high and excellent must live! Are you paying people to rate your hotel?

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 1, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 23, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Was able to check in at 12:30 PM, room was clean, but the hotel is a little worn. Everything worked fine. Had a fridge, Microwave, internet worked. Breakfast cereal or waffle, not much else. Staff was really nice and helpful. Several others were in our group, and didn't hear any complaints from anyone, we all appreciated the price. We all stayed there three nights or more. It was pet friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business