“Stay over”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Atlanta, Georgia
“Stay over”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed one night driving thru to visit family with three kids in tow all under 7yrs alone. Just mom and kids. This hotel was very clean and service was great...they were very helpful with getting us settled in. We just wanted to order in pizza and eventually call it a night. The front desk understood and helped us along with our plans to order food, helped get a pack and play crib for our little one. Breakfast was hot and fresh too!
Definitely a family friendly hotel. Would stay again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
FairfieldMarshall, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites for your recent stay in Marshall, TX. I am delighted to hear you had a enjoyable time at our hotel. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to write about your stay, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Marshall, Texas.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Concord,
Reviewed August 4, 2014

From a generous military discount to wonderful service...wish we could stay another day and soaked longer in the spa! The beds were perfect with enough pillows to keep the grand kids happy for hours! We awoke refreshed and enjoyed bacon and eggs along with a waffle shaped like Texas...it really doesn't get any better! Best hotel stay this far on our epic cross country trip!

• Stayed August 2014
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I took my granddaughters to this hotel in July 2011. The water in the pool was freezing cold. The hotel was well aware that I was bringing them there strictly to swim for three days and did not mention the heat in the indoor pool was broken. The kids were 5 and 6 and their lips turned blue in the pool. This year I tried again. I called several weeks ahead and got an assurance that the heater had been fixed and the pool was heated.
Well, I was there for three days and only small children would enter the pool. Every adult I saw, in three days of all-pool, would only get in the whirlpool (because it was warm). On Saturday my daughter spoke to the staff and was told they don't heat the pool in the summer. Then she was told that the Marriot would only allow them to turn the heat up to 84. We suggested that the thermostat they were looking at was not properly working. Saturday night a young man around 25 jumped in the pool and zipped straight to the hot tub complaining about the freezing water. He then suggested that we all go talk to the manager. My daughter told him that we had been complaining about it and the manager came out and dipped her finger in the pool and said it felt right to her.
This is a great hotel. It is very clean, rooms are nice, the complimentary breakfast is wonderful, the staff are very friendly, aside from the manager who entered the pool area 3 times that day and never spoke a word to us except to say the water felt fine to her. She was a little rude and not friendly at all. Really? In a service business we act mightier than the guests? Marriot training? I don't think so. The one guy who got in the pool kept saying "I thought the customer was always right"

Room Tip: Don't bring kids here to swim or even yourself if you don't want to freeze in the indoor, ai...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Melinda L
FairfieldMarshall, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear that the pool water was cold during your visit with us. I want to assure you that this issue was addressed with our engineering department. We want our guest to have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously. Thank you again for your comments.
Texarkana, Arkansas
Reviewed July 18, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel on two different occasions for recreation. Just a little drive away for us and our children love it. The customer service offered by the staff is exceptional and we always enjoy the entirety of our stay. We will continue to return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
FairfieldMarshall, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Jonesboro, Georgia
Reviewed July 15, 2014

During a business trip, I stayed here and had a nice time. There is a nice breakfast in the morning and the hotel is less than a minute from I-20. In addition, there are several restaurants close by. The staff were amiable and the rooms were nice and trendy. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
FairfieldMarshall, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences! We're always looking for feedback from how we are doing, and positive feedback is the best! Thanks again for sharing your review, hope to see you again soon
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed for 2 nights at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Marshall when attending a wedding in town. This hotel is new and readily accessible from I-20 at Hwy 59. The hotel is decorated in very nice color tones in a modern style. The furniture in the lobby, although very stylish is not too comfortable. The hotel has a good indoor pool and a nice little outdoor patio area just on the other side of the pool. There is also a fitness center.

The breakfast is standard fare but did include good hot items such as sausage, breakfast potatoes and eggs. The pancakes and waffles are in the shape of the Great State of Texas which is a nice touch!

The hotel employees were all very friendly and this hotel is very clean and fresh.

I would return to this location when visiting in the area or looking for a nice place to stop while traveling through on I-20. The price is very reasonable and the hotel was very comfortable and nice.

Room Tip: Rooms by the ice machines can be noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
FairfieldMarshall, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites for your recent stay in Marshall, TX. I am delighted to hear you had a enjoyable time at our hotel. We greatly appreciate that you took the time to write about your stay, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority. We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit.
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Marshall, Texas in Mid-June 2014. I always stay at a Fairfield Inn when traveling and this was the cleanest one I have ever stayed in. The staff was super friendly. The breakfast area was very neat and kept clean during the busy breakfast hours. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
FairfieldMarshall, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased that you had a great stay with us. Our associates take pride in providing a quality experience to all our guest, so I will be sure to pass your thanks along to them. We hope to see you again soon.