All reviewsfront deskgreat hotelfree breakfastindoor poolroom was cleanhot tubhousekeeping staffking suiteeasy accessgreat roomsausagecaddo lakewonderful stayihophighwayinnsitems
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great location 2 minutes off the interstate and by far the best hotel around. I was traveling from Atlanta to here all in one day so by the time I got here I was exhausted. I was greeted warmly and put up in a nice room. I was too tired to go out to eat so the front desk staff provided a couple of restaurant menus that would deliver. The bed was comfortable and the room clean. Internet was fast and free. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
FairfieldMarshall, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our location and changed your view for Fairfield Inn & Suites. I am glad that our staff was able to welcome you to our hotel, as it is one of our main goals to meet each guest's expectations. We do appreciate you sharing your good experience and we hope that you stay at our location again.

Again, thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor and we hope you stay again soon.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Rooms: The property is well-maintained and provides comfortable bedding, workspace, ample bathroom and closet space and convenient amenities that include a refrigerator and microwave. The latter two are particularly useful in the event one wants to purchase and/or prepare food to enjoy a picnic in the beautiful garden/gazebo area on the hotel property.

Public Spaces: The indoor and outdoor public areas are well-maintained and offer plenty of lounging space. The indoor commons area is well-appointed with comfortable furniture that will accommodate both lounging and working. As previously referenced the outdoor public area offers a welcoming garden and gazebo that invites the traveler to spend time lounging, sharing a drink with friends/family or simply enjoying the sights and sounds of Marshall's natural beauty. The one disappointment in the public space is the indoor pool area which seems to be poorly ventilated leading to a build up of chlorine gas and an overly humid environment. An outdoor pool would have been much more enjoyable.

Breakfast and For Purchase Pantry: The breakfast selections are quite good including fresh pancakes, cheese omlettes, boiled eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, assorted breads, fruits, cereals, coffee, juice and other drinks. In fact, the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Marshall, TX offered one of the more substantial complimentary breakfast meals that I've experienced at a 2.5 star property. In comparison to other similarly rated hotel properties the Fairfield Inn and SuiThe Fairfield Inn and Suites, Marshall, TX offers an excellent location and accommodating customer service.

Rooms: The property is well-maintained and provides comfortable bedding, workspace, ample bathroom and closet space and convenient amenities that include a refrigerator and microwave. The latter two are particularly useful in the event one wants to enjoy a picnic in the beautiful garden/gazebo area on the hotel property.

Breakfast and For Purchase Pantry: The breakfast selections are quite good including fresh pancakes, cheese omlettes, boiled eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, assorted breads, fruits, cereals, coffee, juice and other drinks. In fact, the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Marshall, TX offered one of the more substantial complimentary breakfast meals that I've experienced at a 2.0/2.5 star property. In comparison to other similarly rated hotel properties the Fairfield Inn and Suites is by far a better hotel property in both amenities and value. The "for purchase pantry" also offers opportunities to dine-in or for a late night snack. The prices are comparable to any convenience store.

Service: The front desk staff, dining staff, and housekeeping staff were all friendly, attentive, and responsive to requests. The East Texas hospitality was evident at this property.

For overall comfort and value the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Marshall, TX offers an excellent choice for travelers in the Marshall area. I'll be sure to book my room early for future trips to Marshall, TX is by far a better hotel property in both amenities and value. The "for purchase pantry" also offers opportunities to dine-in or for a late night snack. The prices are comparable to any convenience store.

For overall comfort and value the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Marshall, TX offers an excellent choice for travelers in the Marshall area. I'll be sure to book my room early for future trips to Marshall.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tltalbert
FairfieldMarshall, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a response on Trip Advisor. We really appreciate the time you spent on your review. You rated each department with your comments and thoughts about the hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal as a team is to make a good lasting impression with each of our guests. We are glad that we were able to meet that goal with you. We hope that you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed in several Fairfield properties over the years. The Fairfield in Marshall is one of the best! The staff is great, always eager to accommodate. Rooms are very nice and the beds are comfortable. Breakfast is great with several varieties to choose from. Workout room is nice too, can't beat the location, as it is accessible to the business district, as well as the interstate. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldMarshall, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy staying with us. It is our goal to satisfy our guest and make them feel welcome. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with Trip Advisor. We enjoy having you here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

I have been staying at this Fairfield Inn and Suites for over two years during business trips to Marshall. Upon entering the doors on each visit, the staff greet me with a friendly smile and welcome and ensure that my stay will be pleasant. Customer service is a priority and each of my requests or preferences has been honored. The hotel is spotless, well maintained, and does not seem to show any wear as the years go by. Great value hotel and comfortable for the frequent visitor or simply stopping by as you travel through.

Room Tip: I prefer a room that face the back of the property - just a bit quieter but all rooms are good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldMarshall, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy staying with us and we are able to accomodate your request. It is our goal to satisfy our guest and make them feel welcome. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with Trip Advisor. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

The check in at the hotel was quick. The key and welcoming gift was available when I walked up to the counter.The room was very nice. The sfaff treated me with respect and cordialness. The bed was very comfortable. I experienced no problems. The free breakfast was very good with a large variety of selcetions. I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
FairfieldMarshall, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a response on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal as a team is to make a good lasting impression with each of our guests. We are glad that we were able to meet that goal with you. We hope that you stay with us again soon.