“a must if you like italian”
Review of Cafe Italia

Cafe Italia
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: Italian
Houston, Texas
“a must if you like italian”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed the food. The previous review was right about the red sauce. My DH had the rigatoni arrabiata, and said the pasta was cooked just right, al dente. He's half italian, from New York, and he knows italian food. I had the manicotti, and was very pleased. We also ordered tossed salads, all good. The homemade canneloni for dessert was excellent. The service, also.

• Visited June 2014

Conifer, Colorado
“Fresh Authentic Red Sauce! Don't be afraid of the exterior!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This restaurant is attached to Days Inn, but don't be afraid. The red sauce is authentic East Coast style and fresh (orange). My better half had their chicken with ham, tomato and mozzarella with pasta and was really pleased. I had the Veal Marsala with fresh veggies, broccoli with garlic and butter. The Marsala sauce was a little weak, but the veal was tender and the broccoli fresh and crisp, not mushy. The interior is nothing special, but that red sauce is! (East Coast Italian style.) This is a BYOB restaurant.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank CO2girl
Rogers, United States
“Tasty Italian”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great place to have a nice Italian meal in Marshall. If you are looking to have wine with your meal, you have to BYOB. They do allow you to bring in beer or wine for your enjoyment.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kristine S
Abbeville, LA
“THE place to STOP and EAT!!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Where do I start...we ALWAYS go to this place when we are in Marshall. THE BEST white pizza you will get, ever! The ingredients are fresh! So if you arrive too early (which I have done) you have to wait for them to make the pizza dough.
If you feel adventurous and want to try other dishes, ask Donnie, she will ask you a few questions about things you like and then make a recommendation! And she is always SPOT-ON with the recommendations!
We are about 6 hours from Café Italia, so if I am going to be bringing food home for the rest of the family, she packages it up for me and puts instructions on how to finish it so it will taste FRESH even after that long car trip.
The workers are friendly and the food is EXCEPTIONAL!! I wish we had a Café Italia where I live!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 123forme
Bolingbrook, Illinois
“Overrated Italian”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This restaurant came highly recommended from several people in town. The food was average at best. There was a large group enjoying an evening together which made for an uncomfortable dining experience for such a small dining room. it's a BYOB establishment so be prepared.

• Visited November 2013

Been to Cafe Italia? Share your experiences!