“Hampton Inn next door better”

Comfort Suites Marshall
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed August 31, 2005

I usually stay at the Hampton Inn when in Marshall, but this time chose to stay at the Comfort Suites. Unfortunately, the Hampton Inn, for virtually the same price, does a much better job. There was nothing terribly wrong at the Comfort Suites but I much prefer a hot/protein breakfast (Hampton Inn) than the continental offerings at Comfort. Also, I had perpetual problems getting my room key to work at Comfort--I had to return to the front desk three times in two nights to get my key card re-keyed. I also had a dollar bill eaten by the vending machine. Finally, check in took a long time despite no other guests being present in the lobby.

Given a choice, I will definitely return to the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
2  Thank ChicagoAlli

Reviewed July 24, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Marshall Comfort Suites en route to Ft. Worth to visit our son. The main purpose of our visit was to shop at Marshall Pottery. We had been there about three years ago, but didn't have much time and wanted to go again. What a disappointment! There wasn't nearly as much pottery as before. Still, the prices are very reasonable. The Comfort Suites became the highlight of our visit to Marshall. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and spacious, the grounds were beautifully landscaped, and the breakfast buffet--albeit loaded with carbs--offered quite a variety. I doubt we'll visit Marshall again (we were also disappointed with the town square--neat courthouse but boarded-up buildings instead of quaint shops as we'd found in Granbury), but if we do, we'll stay at the Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank jblwright
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 11, 2004

opened 2004 excellant clean hotel had a indoor hot tub superior room service

Reviewed September 15, 2004

My husband and I spent 1 night there and stayed on second floor over reception desk area.
I fell in love with the room and the bed was so very plush. I have never seen a bed like that in a hotel before. The linens were beautiful and i did not want to leave. I will be back that way again this winter and will stay there.

4  Thank mimitx