New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Marshall
Dallas, Texas
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I was surprised how nice this hotel was. Lovely large room, plenty of storage areas, beautiful pool and indoor hottub. The staff was very friendly. My only complaint was the eggs at breakfast. Really bad eggs, but that could have been just that day. I wish we could have stayed longer, it was that nice!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

This Comfort Suites was very comfortable, plus met my needs for the two days that I was there. I especially enjoyed the waffle maker that made waffles in the shape of Texas. My friend from England was excited to have his picture taken with one and then posting on Facebook. There was a very good sampling of other breakfast items to enjoy.

Room Tip: The elevator is very slow, so unless you are carrying luggage, take the stairs. They do have luggage...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stopped here on Easter Sunday and had a nice evening. The hotel is clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. Our breakfast was good.
The hotel is far enough off the interstate to be quiet but close enough for easy access.
My only thing I wish they would try is putting the bill under the door during the night like many places. There was a line in the morning to get the bill.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brazil, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel was very nice. the room was clean and comfortable. the Hot Tub was also nice especially because we were the only ones it it. It was too cold for the outdoor pool to be open. the breakfast was nice. The laundry facilities were not the greatest, only one washer and one dryer and the dryer cost of 1.75 should really be 3.50 since the clothes did not get dry in one cycle.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

First the good stuff.... we were greeted by a very nice front desk clerk who quickly assigned us our rooms and then called each room in a few minutes to be sure that all was OK. She also gave me maps of the city and several helpful suggestions to make our short visit more enjoyable. Each room was large with both a sitting area and a sleeping area. Bed was comfortable and A/C was efficient and quiet. The room was clean and the bathroom was spotless.
The breakfast room was adequate size. I'm not a fan of powdered reconstituted eggs, so I skipped them in favor of oatmeal. The mystery meat they served one morning looked like pepperoni left over from a pizza, so I skipped that too. The next morning, the meat was ID'ed as a sausage patty. Many people chose to make a waffle. So, overall, I would stay again and recommend this hotel to others. But...
my one negative comment is that you should be sure of your schedule if you book the non-refundable rate on the internet. They mean just that! One person in our party was hospitalized just prior to the trip and the doctor would not let that person travel. They would not refund the charge even though I gave almost 2 weeks prior notice. Many other places will do that for a serious reason, but not this place. Consider that when booking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My extended family and I were coming into town for the...I believe it was called Winter Wonderland or something like it, BOMBED ALL THE WAY. I will never attend that event again. As for the hotel, it was clean and suitable for what we needed. The front desk had all the information I asked for, which is a plus.. it's not a good look not to have the most basic information like finding the nearest Walmart or Shopping area. The breakfast was decent, I didn't expect anything better than what they provided. There's plenty of information in the lobby which I love. It had a good location not to far from the Hwy or restaurants. If I ever came back to Marshall, I'd stay here.

Room Tip: Some rooms are located by the elevator, if your picky about noise or an extreme little sleeper I sug...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lubbock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have stayed in many hotels and we always choose Comfort Inn and Suites if possible. There is a level of consistency that we have grown to expect and this hotel was just great! Immaculately clean and comfortable. Breakfast items were fresh and good. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: As with most hotels, neighbors can be noisy....slamming doors and loud tv. But I haven't figure...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple