“On the road.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“On the road.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

We had a great stay! We were traveling through the state and were just picking hotels as we went from our AAA book so it's somewhat of a toss up what you are getting sight unseen. The room was great! Clean with comfortable beds, the breakfast had a very good variety, even strawberry waffles to make. Excellent value for the money!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the first floor, I heard upper level rooms were hotter in temperature.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this establishment recently as part of a 10 day trip. I have a mixed review, but will begin with the positive: Comfort Suites (CS) has beautiful curb appeal and foyer/reception entry. The double queen suite we had was also very nicely decorated and clean. This establishment needs a front desk employee that can match the grand entry. But the employee who was leaving for the day as I was walking in could afford to make a better first impression: say "Good afternoon. Someone (a name?) will be right with you. Enjoy your stay!) Courtesy costs nothing. And people pay hard-earned money for your services.

When I checked in I had a cool reception compared to the 3 previous hotel check-ins; no big deal--I continued to smile but remained silent. Eventually the young man at the desk would break his terse silence and turn on his p.r. skills.

One disappointment was that this was the only hotel to NOT grant a AAA discount on this trip. We checked in on a Thursday night. Maybe that makes a difference? Another disappointment was that my computer warned me that the internet site was not secure. Opted to use the SLOW connection in the business center next morning. My other big disappointment was a too soft bed and waking up with "mosquito?" bites on my back and back end! Hubby had fewer of them on his chest and upper back torso. I stripped the linens and searched for evidence of critters but found none. Proceeded to bag my pj's and double bag all laundry and threw that bag into the trunk and washed it in hot water as soon as we got to our next destination. Felt “bugged” the rest of the trip.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank yosidoming
Crossett AR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

Probably the best room I have ever had for the price. Huge room, huge bathroom, helpful staff. The breakfast was typical, but we aren't big on hotel breakfast anyway. Very clean comfy hotel. We were just passing through and went out to eat after we checked in and to shop a bit and I couldn't wait to get back to the room to relax. I would recommended this hotel to anyone. Something else I loved about this hotel was no pets. I hate staying in hotels that allow pets!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

Check in- OK
Room - where was the remote for the TV???
Search for remote only to find condom wrappers/food/dirt/change etc.....beside and behind our bedside table, behind the bed, behind/beside the pull out sofa.....
Let the front desk know and were moved ot a wheelchair accessible room, instead of a condom wrappers we were welcomed with toothpicks on the floor.....
In the morning inquired as to if anything was going to be done in regards to our room, as we were checking out. Told that they (front desk) had a post it note saying that the room we had been in had a cleaning issue...... I asked "If anything was going to be done in regards to our stay, and was told that the manager was on the phone and that they would give us a call". While we were on the road , we received a call stating that they would credit us 25%............................
Priceless!!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank CruiseWhere
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2009

My wife and I were travelling to Texas to visit our families in Texas over Spring Break. Usually we stop only once on the trip at a motel, but this time we needed to stop twice. We were very pleased with the beaity of the motel. Its interior decorations were beautiful and the flowes were beautifully maintained and its owners were obviously proud of those flowers. The breakfast was outstanding. It was a real treat to stay here.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnWClawson
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2009

Room was clean and comfortable. The evening desk clerk was polite and friendly. The staff that I encountered were all friendly and helpful. The only negative the morning desk clerk. She may have been the manager, but she was being very rude to another guest. I usually stay at the Fairfield Marriot for reward points, but here I can get a comparable quality room for about $40 less. I also found out that they have a rewards program that is even better.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Moore, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

This was a nice hotel as usual from the comfort suites. The beds were comfortable and the staff was nice. We didn't make it to the pool but it looked Nice as well. There was parking all away around so anybody with trailers would have plenty of room to park. We were there only one night, but it was a nice stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family