“good bbq”

Conroe, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good bbq”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

not far from I-20 off of hwy-59. get to go, very reasonable priced that is why it is usually crowded. bake potatoes awesome.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank travelfun12348

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Wow Catfish!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Passing through coming home from a cruise, this place was recommended. Glad we stopped. The catfish was absolutely some of the best I've eaten. Perfectly fried!

My wife had the chicken platter. Another wow factor.

The treat was the fish battered and fried biscuit, yes, I said "battered and fried" biscuit. OMG!

If ever in Marshall, Tx you have to eat here. Not much to look at, but you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank punkinlr
Marshall, Texas
“Heard good things”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

And it measured up. Hubby and I had chopped beef sandwiches. Excellent. No gristle. Monster big sodas lol

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Shirley S
Geyserville, California
“"we don't got no meat"”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

At 5:30pm we were seated. Whwn the waitress came to take our order she said " We don't got no meat" I said you're kidding right, this is a BBQ place. She said no, we don't got no beef, no pork, no ribs, no chicken" I said what do you have she said ham and cheese and fish. We left. I guess they are so popular that they sold out for the day before dinner time. She was nice so I have to give her something for service??? She did give us our drinks for free.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank DiannaC20
East Texas
“Fish”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Have to tell you that Porky's has the best fish on Friday nights. Hard to believe coming from a BBQ place. If I had to say anything negative I would say the fries are always over cooked or we get leftover fries. I love the fish and the BBQ. And possible the best Sweet Tea.

• Visited March 2014