“HANGING OUT IN TEXAS”

Reviewed July 18, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler

Reviewed July 13, 2012

The family and I decide to skip the La Quinta in Texarkana due to the reviews and push on to Marshall. This location just opened in March so it is very clean. The staff were pleasant and accomodating. Breakfast was hot and fresh. Seems very secure. We left a lot of stuff in our Suburban and a loaded travel bag on the hitch. No problems.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank RockyLaRocco
A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I had arrived a little late and tired, Hotel staff was very accurate during check in, I was satisfied with all the new and refreshing hotel upgrades.
Location close to the interstate ,gas stations, resturants l like that . I
love the fresh and new amenities including the superior picture flat screen tv.
howerever I had an issure with the lock on the door I reported it and was taken care of
right away. Thank you

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This LaQuinta was chosen by our family for our 17th family reunion. Pros: The hotel was very comfortable clean, comfortable, and very accomodating for our large group. The beds were VERY comfortable.The breakfast was good (I've never seen biscuits w/country gravy on a buffet). The TEXAS waffles was a very nice touch as well & quite delicious. The indoor pool was nice. Sound proof walls. Computer room was clean, common restrooms were clean. Also loved the overall decor of the hotel lobby. ..Cons: Giving 4 stars because althought our rooms were kept tidy, our trash was not taken out & wash cloths were not replaced! While walking in the hallways during checkout times, I observed 2 housekeeping employees "cleaning other rooms" by sitting on the beds talking to one another which might explain why my trash was overlooked. Also upon checking in I observed the owner of the hotel talking in a distasteful manor to the employee that was checking us in. I could tell she was new but did a great job overall but the owner was making comments to her like," why are you asking me, you should just be doing it" and "well why didn't you do this, or why didn't you do that". In front of me which I thought was pretty rude. Personally I would not WORK here but I enjoyed my 2 night stay nontheless. I would definitely go back here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank kendra m
A La Quinta traveler
Richardson, Texas, USA
Reviewed July 4, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located close to the highways. The room was clean. I especially liked the layout of the large bathroom. Breakfast.was good with lots of varieties.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank pmk101
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed at this new hotel on June 28, 2012 while on a road trip. It was delightful. The rooms are clean and bright with quality linens. The hotel allowed pets and even has a dog-walking area and baggies for clean-up. The indoor pool was small but delighted our 8-year-old daughter. The fitness room has new equipment. Our room had a large flat-screen TV, a small refrigerator and a microwave, all of which are very handy for a traveling family. Breakfast is included and was hearty and plentiful. The management was friendly and helpful. We had a quiet night's sleep. What else could you want? We highly recommend.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family