“Hum Hum”

Blue Frog Restaurant and Catering
Ranked #12 of 73 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Traditional Texas Cuisine with a Continental Flare. Local grown greens, home baked bread and pastries, Certified Angus Beef and fresh fish daily. Join us for dinner and enjoy the best outdoor music venue within walking distance of the Historic Harrison County Courthouse. Blue Frog now lives in the same space with Charlies Backyard Bar to bring the best food, best music and best beverage in town!
Jefferson, Texas, United States
“Hum Hum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great food with awesome service. Food 10 out of 10. Service 10 out of 10. State of the business 10 out of 10. I love the people and the food. I will go back and enjoy my self. When in Marshall, Texas while on the town square stop in at the Blue Frog and relive sit in dining at its best.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Rachelle S

Shreveport, Louisiana
“Good food, friendly folks.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

We made the short trip to Marshall to view the Christmas lighting and stopped in here for dinner. Although we arrived only a few minutes before closing time, the owner and staff were courteous and seemed glad we'd come.

The food was very good. With 7 in our party and each ordering something different, we had a chance to sample a wide variety of dishes and no one was disappointed. The highlights: The burgers are made from 100% Angus beef. The quality really comes through. The chicken salad and chicken soup are homemade and very "chunky". Both are winners. The french fries are battered before frying and are the bomb. The belgian waffle that comes with the chicken and waffles was tender and flavorful. And finally, the kids in our group enjoyed mac and cheese, which was as good as I've ever tasted.

All in all, a really good meal in downtown Marshall.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Alan B
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

TheBlueFrog was a welcome respite from our road trip and in Marshall,TX....whoda thunk it! The food was delicious and the staff were service oriented and personable. We spoke with the owner both times we were there. I highly recommend this eatery!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Vincelees
Houston, Texas
“kgoldberg”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

The restaurant provided 6 days of lunches and dinners for us. Good food and very accommodating.

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Kim G
Charleston, South Carolina
“Glad I found this spot..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

I was in Marshall for a few months and my friend and I found this nice little spot to eat. Love the sweet potato chips. Never would have gotten them on my own. Ate several lunches here. Had several different sandwiches here. Love love the thin bread because usually I throw most of the bread away anyway. Also I hate to eat stuff I can make at home like chicken salad. To my dismay after eating this chicken salad sandwich it was gooood. It was so good I didn't want to stop eating it. It had walnuts and grapes in it on this thin bread. OMG. Great food, great service. Funny name. Can't wait to come back.

• Visited March 2012