“Put in Smoking Room”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We called ahead to arrive late. They booked their last room available to us, but failed to say it was a smoking room. It was too late and we were too tired when we arrive and entered the room to move on so we got spray from the desk and stayed out of the room with the fan on high. The carpet was very dirty. Some remodeling has been done, but this is a very tired property. A door was added to the closet and when it is open it blocks the entry to the bathroom....strange.

Room Tip: Room are back are quieter. Ask for non-smoking room if you do not smoke.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This hotel was very clean an comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay. We were looking for a local restaurant and the desk clerk gave a fabulous recommendation. Thank you to the staff for making our stay so pleasant.

Room Tip: We chose the handicapped room for my mother and it was perfect for her needs.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stopped here while travelling through the area. The hotel was new and clean. The room was a good size as was the bathroom. The breakfast was pretty good especially for free! Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a Rewards night for our anniversary. As I typically do, I researched how to get to the hotel. So we had no problems at all, but as I was at the front desk someone was calling in to get directions. Apparently GPS will misguide you to if not careful.

The hotel is at the end of the road, but the outside of the facility was nice.

Angela at the front desk was awesome, she lets us know as rewards members we were entitled to a free soda or drink from the snack room. She said the hotel was about 5 years old, although it still looked new and fresh throughout.

Our room had a nice comfy king sized bed, we both slept very well. The ice machine on the same floor worked well as expected. We did not try the pool, so cannot comment on that. Room was very clean.

Hot breakfast in the morning w sausage link, scrambled eggs, and a biscuit. I will as I do often make a plea for gravy to top the whole thing off with. My wife was impressed w the pancake making machine.

The lady at checkout was equally as friendly and made sure I had gotten my Rewards member free drink. No doubt about it if we have a need to stay in Marshall this is where we will look to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My 4 kids and I traveled 5 hours to Marshall for a graduation and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Marshall for 2 nights. The service was very friendly and professional. The hotel was super clean and nicely decorated and the breakfast buffet was to die for! That was my kid's favorite part! This hotel provided a very comfortable place to "come home to" while in Marshall and we would definitely stay her again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hello Melissa,

Thanks so much for taking the time to fill out a review! I'm glad that your family enjoyed their stay and from the looks of the photo, the pool as well! Hope you had a great visit for Graduation and we hope to see you again in the future!

Until then, safe travels!

Patrick Hilchey

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had the wonderful experience of staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Marshall for 3 nights last week. The room was clean and well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. I was wonderfully surprised at the great breakfasts every morning and the lady that prepared the breakfasts was very friendly and greeted every guest with a smile. I was also greeted with a smile and a warm hello every time that I passed the front desk, It really made me feel at home. With all of the choices that you have for a hotel in Marshall, I felt that I choose well with the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: I was on the Third floor, no one over me, always a good choice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

BallroomDancer3810,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass your kind words onto the staff, especially Miss Phyllis in the breakfast bar and all of the Front Desk staff. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Marshall!

Until then safe travels!

Patrick Hilchey

Reviewed May 17, 2013

When we checked in I was being a little hard to get along with about a request, Wendy came and resolved it quickly and was very friendly. Hotel was far above normal HI Exp standards and we really enjoyed our two day stay. All the staff we meet was very friendly. The Hotel was a little hard to find a sign on 59 would be helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Hello Rusty,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem during check-in, but I'm thrilled to hear that Wendy was able to resolve it quickly. Wendy has been our Director of Sales ever since the hotel opened in 2008 and we wouldn't trade her for the world.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Until then, safe travels.

Patrick Hilchey, General Manager