“Great stay - would recommend”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stopped here while travelling through the area. The hotel was new and clean. The room was a good size as was the bathroom. The breakfast was pretty good especially for free! Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a Rewards night for our anniversary. As I typically do, I researched how to get to the hotel. So we had no problems at all, but as I was at the front desk someone was calling in to get directions. Apparently GPS will misguide you to if not careful.

The hotel is at the end of the road, but the outside of the facility was nice.

Angela at the front desk was awesome, she lets us know as rewards members we were entitled to a free soda or drink from the snack room. She said the hotel was about 5 years old, although it still looked new and fresh throughout.

Our room had a nice comfy king sized bed, we both slept very well. The ice machine on the same floor worked well as expected. We did not try the pool, so cannot comment on that. Room was very clean.

Hot breakfast in the morning w sausage link, scrambled eggs, and a biscuit. I will as I do often make a plea for gravy to top the whole thing off with. My wife was impressed w the pancake making machine.

The lady at checkout was equally as friendly and made sure I had gotten my Rewards member free drink. No doubt about it if we have a need to stay in Marshall this is where we will look to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My 4 kids and I traveled 5 hours to Marshall for a graduation and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Marshall for 2 nights. The service was very friendly and professional. The hotel was super clean and nicely decorated and the breakfast buffet was to die for! That was my kid's favorite part! This hotel provided a very comfortable place to "come home to" while in Marshall and we would definitely stay her again!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hello Melissa,

Thanks so much for taking the time to fill out a review! I'm glad that your family enjoyed their stay and from the looks of the photo, the pool as well! Hope you had a great visit for Graduation and we hope to see you again in the future!

Until then, safe travels!

Patrick Hilchey

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had the wonderful experience of staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Marshall for 3 nights last week. The room was clean and well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. I was wonderfully surprised at the great breakfasts every morning and the lady that prepared the breakfasts was very friendly and greeted every guest with a smile. I was also greeted with a smile and a warm hello every time that I passed the front desk, It really made me feel at home. With all of the choices that you have for a hotel in Marshall, I felt that I choose well with the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: I was on the Third floor, no one over me, always a good choice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

BallroomDancer3810,

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out a review! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass your kind words onto the staff, especially Miss Phyllis in the breakfast bar and all of the Front Desk staff. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Marshall!

Until then safe travels!

Patrick Hilchey

Reviewed May 17, 2013

When we checked in I was being a little hard to get along with about a request, Wendy came and resolved it quickly and was very friendly. Hotel was far above normal HI Exp standards and we really enjoyed our two day stay. All the staff we meet was very friendly. The Hotel was a little hard to find a sign on 59 would be helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Hello Rusty,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem during check-in, but I'm thrilled to hear that Wendy was able to resolve it quickly. Wendy has been our Director of Sales ever since the hotel opened in 2008 and we wouldn't trade her for the world.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Until then, safe travels.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Check in was actually kind of fun ( they were having a shift change so had the morning and evening desk ladies there ) They were very friendly and outgoing and had fun checking in. Room was good for what I wanted for the night ( the only thing is if you are there for more than a night the television selection is very lacking ) other than that I have no complaints. Bed was decent ( I am a " Side sleeper " so I like mine a little softer ) no noise from the interstate and the fan actually works ( I like the white noise to drown out other noise )
Over all I would say this is a good choice if you are on the road and passing through. Oh and go check out PORKY's BBQ down the road ( very good food and the waitress's are very outgoing )

Room Tip: Ask for an EVEN number room if you want real quiet ( the odd numbers face a truckstop parking lot...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Gunnar O,

Who ever said checking into a hotel shouldn't be a little fun? I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us starting at check in, after all Holiday Inn Express' motto is "Stay Smart, Stay You" for a reason! I'll be sure to share your review with our front desk staff, they always appreciate positive feedback.

Thank you for taking the time to share with us, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Until then, safe travels!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, Marshall, TX offers a great location (Hwy 59) and excellent service.

Rooms: The property is well-maintained and provides comfortable bedding, workspace, ample bathroom and closet space and convenient amenities that include a refrigerator and microwave. The latter two are particularly useful in the event one wants to purchase something to cook on the BBQ grill by the pool and keep the food in the refrigerator prior to grilling and/or save the leftovers for later.

Public Spaces: The indoor and outdoor public areas are well-maintained and offer plenty of lounging space. The indoor commons area is appointed with comfortable furniture that will accommodate both lounging and working. The outdoor public area offers a pool with plenty of lounging space. As referenced earlier the outside area also offers a BBQ grill that is a welcome treat in the evening if one wishes to grill outside and enjoy a meal and drinks with friends or even alone.

Breakfast and For Purchase Pantry: The breakfast selections are quite good including fresh pancakes, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs and/or small cheese omelets, bacon, sausage, biscuits, gravy, assorted breads, fruits, cereals, coffee, juice and other drinks. In fact, the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites in Marshall, TX offered one of the more substantial free breakfast meals that I've experienced at a 2.5 star property. In comparison to the "for purchase" breakfast at the Courtyard by Marriott property (Tyler, TX - 3.0 stars) the Holiday Inn Express and Suites is by far a better hotel property in both amenities and value. The "for purchase pantry" also offers opportunities to dine-in or for a late night snack. The prices are comparable to any convenience store.

Service: The front desk staff, dining staff, and housekeeping staff were all friendly, attentive, and responsive to requests. The East Texas hospitality was evident at this property.

For overall comfort and value the HIE&S in Marshall, TX offers the best choice for travelers in the Marshall area. I'll be sure to book my room early for future trips to Marshall.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tltalbert
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Hello and thank you so much for filling out a review! We greatly appreciate you sharing your experiences with us. Feedback, especially positive feedback, is always most welcome. I'm glad that enjoyed your stay and thank you for allowing us to host you while visiting Marshall. We will look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Until then safe travels!