“Older hotel but clean , not easy to find”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Older hotel but clean , not easy to find”
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Nice overall got a good nights sleep , parking not great so if riding a motorcycle would ask to park under canopy. Breakfast decent always a factor when I travel because it saves time, pancake machine was broken , didn't I use pool but it was clean and ready . Would stay again

• Stayed December 2012
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Hello Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review! I'm glad you got a good night's sleep while riding through. You're correct, our location at the end of the frontage road can be a little tricky to locate the first time, but I'm glad that you found the hotel's cleanliness and service up to your standards when you arrived. Let me apologize for the pancake machine being out of service. There had been a tear in one the belts that operate the machine and it took a few days to received the replacement belt from the manufacturer. I can assure you though that if you find yourself riding through this area again the pancakes will be hot and fresh as they should be.

I hope the rest of your trip was enjoyable and you had a smooth ride, we love to have bikers stay with us as they ride through. Our hotel hosts two major bike rallies each year and they're some of the most enjoyable events to work with.

Hope to see you again soon, until then, safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I arrived late last night, after driving in from Austin. Check in was quick and efficient. Guest service was very friendly and welcoming. I have a room on the first floor, looking at the pool. My only complaint is that my "neighbor" is a snorer. The room is great! Service is great!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hello Brian,

First, let me say thanks, not just for staying with us, but for staying again. Secondly, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I'm very happy to hear you found the hotel to your standards and enjoyed the view of the pool. All of the staff really tries to go "all in" for guest service and cleanliness and they'll be very happy to hear that you were pleased.

Again, thank you for posting your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Until then, safe travels!
Louisiana
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express in Marshall, Texas is located near a convenient intersection next to Interstate 20. The hotel was clean, all the staff was helpful and friendly. Their hot breakast was more than ample. If you want a quieter room, ask for one at the back of the hotel or you will hear interstate traffic all night. We had a room facing the interstate but I travel with ear plugs so it was not a problem for me.

Jefferson, Texas is only about a fifteen minute drive from Marshall, so the Holiday Inn Express is a good base for seeing Marshall and Jefferson. I was attending a conference in Marshall but did a little sightseeingin Jefferson the following day and it was very convenient.

I would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Carole J
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hello Ms. Johnson,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay and got to take in some of the sights in Jefferson before heading home. A number of our guests love to visit the Jefferson area, especially antique lovers. I'm glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and will share your comments with our Breakfast Host during our morning staff "huddle".

Thanks again for sharing, and we hope to see you again next time. Until then, safe travels!
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was in town for a 1 night stay. The hotel staff was polite & helpful during Check-in (which was quick) as well as checkout.

The breakfast was tasty and there was a good variety of items to choose from. The attendant did a great job of keeping it well stocked/ maintained.

I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PatrickH0287, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We take great pride in our hotel and what we offer. I've shared your comments with all of the staff, especially the Breakfast Hostess.

Thanks again and we hope to see you back soon!
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Stayed here while doing business in Marshall. It has been awhile since I stayed here and it all came back to me when I got into room. Loud, loud and did I mention Loud. I remembered that I usually stayed at the Hampton Inn (no rooms available).

I could of stayed at the Motel 6 next door and faired better. This hotel seems like the party hotel.
I love the Holiday Inn's that I normally stay in and I am a diamond member, but this one doesn't meet the criteria of most Holiday Inn's I stay in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TX4Ever42
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear TX4Ever42,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent stay with us because of the loud noise. I want to assure you that this is not our standard. We want our guest to have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Burleson, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is the frequent home to an oilfield crew that is allowed to walk up and down the halls being loud and drinking beer. The hotel staff turns a blind eye because this crew has a lot of rooms booked. It does eventually get quite when they pass out. If you are traveling with young children and do not want them exposed to profanity and drunks then you might want to stay somewhere else. If you are traveling on business bring some earphones to use while you work to drown out the party in the background. I travel and stay in hotels 100 days or more a year and this by far is the only time I have stayed at one that allows this behavior. I have stayed at this hotel many times and this crew is here almost every time I have stayed.

Room Tip: If you stay try to get a room at the back of the hotel. Since this hotel is very close to the I20 t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank EnergyNomad
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Dear EnergyNomad,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise created by the other guest. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Crowley, Louisiana
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had no issues sleeping, the bed was comfy, and the tv was nice. I do wish there had been a mini fridge, but it wasn't a deal breaker. Room was nice and cold. Overall, the room was fresh and clean. I did notice a little mildew in the tub drain as well as the sink drain. We did get lost because our gps took us somewhere completely different. So, a warning, google map it instead haha! Breakfast was hot and yummy. Best pancake machine ever!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family