“Central Perks always has great food.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Central Perks

Central Perks
Ranked #1 of 73 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Central Perks is located in the historical Weisman Bldg in downtown Marshall TX. We offer a beautiful environment in which to enjoy lunch, an espresso drink, a decadent dessert or meet with some friends and family. The Weisman Center is home to numerous artists and merchants offering a shopping experience like no other in Marshall.
Marshall, Texas
“Central Perks always has great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

It's a place I always recommend Central Perks for that very reason. The staff is personable and the service I've received has always been good as well.

My favorite sandwich is When Pigs Fly. I just wish it wasn't quite so tall because I have a small mouth! The only other thing I'd change is your cups. The tea is great, but I always feel guilty because of the styrofoam. I know I'm in the minority, but I hate to think of the local landfill continuing to fill up with these cups. So many of the local restaurants use them. The tables are so pretty with the tablecloths and fresh flowers-- why not use glasses to complete the picture? I'd love to see you switch to something re-usable, or at least biodegradable.

Texas
“Awesome Sandwiches!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2009

you have to try the "don parks". It has turkey, avocado, cilantro, cucumbers, bacon, and a fantastic jalapeno cream cheese spread. Absolutely my favorite. Don't forget the sweet and flavorful exotic tea!

dallas
“The only bright spot within the dying city”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2009

I visited Marshall for the day with a friend and was looking for a coffee shop, and then found Central Perks. What a nice, clean, friendly place. The coffee and chicken salad plate is great. Although Marshall appears to be trying to pass itself off as a vibrant community, it certainly is not an attractive town. Someone has spent much time and effort to take this older department store building, and put a light in an otherwise 1960 era run-down "downtown". If I happen to come back to Marshall, I'll return to Central Perks, first...and maybe only.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Atherton, California
“My Favorite Place for Lunch in Marshall”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

This little gem of a restaurant is located in the Weiseman Center on Washington Street, about two blocks off of the town square. I stumbled across Central Perks during my first visit to Marshall in 2008. Unfortunately, I didn't find it until the day before I left. This visit I've lunched there twice already. The food is fresh and appealing (I really like the Mr. Crabby crabcake sandwich on ciabatta) and the espresso drinks are expertly prepared. The folks who work there are friendly too.

Dallas, TX
“You HAVE to stop here while in Marshall.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2009

While visiting our kids at East Texas Baptist University, we thought we'd check out downtown Marshall. This place was the highlight of our little jaunt. Antiques galore wrapped around a coffee shop that also serves great food.