“We Were Impressed”
Review of Central Perks

Central Perks
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Marshall
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Central Perks is located in the historical Weisman Bldg in downtown Marshall TX. We offer elevated spins on sandwiches, salads and burgers, plus espresso drinks in a bright cafe setting. The Weisman Center is home to numerous artists and merchants offering a shopping experience like no other in Marshall.
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We visited based on reviews, and we weren't disappointed. The menu is interesting, and I'm sorry we only had a brief lunch visit to explore it. The ingredients were fresh, and the combinations flavorful. The location inside The Weisman Center added to the ambiance. We would definitely recommend to friends and will be back when in Marshall.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The menu here is broad enough to suit anyone, and the food quality is excellent. Their special coffees are well made. I'm partial to a huge latte with a shot of almond. Wonderful way to start a lunch with friends! I love all the burgers and soups. Their tomato basil is totally unique. The first time I ordered it, I could not believe how delicious it was. I had lobster bisque last time, and it too was wonderful. Of course the atmosphere is friendly, casual, and the antiques are worth a look around. I spent a lot of my youth shopping at Weisman's Department Store, so the memories are great of Mr. Joe and all his staff. It doesn't get any better for lunch!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

We love going to Central Perks for the great food and friendly, down home atmosphere. They have selections you don't find any other place and everything is prepared fresh - not frozen or pre-fixed - in their onsite kitchen. We love the hamburgers as well as their turkey club sandwich, the various wraps and delicious salads. They even have vegan choices. Rob and Deb are delightful and love to see old and new customers. It's hard to leave the place because of the allure of super-interesting items of The Weisman Co-op which surround the restaurant. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Went there yesterday with my two sisters. We had a nice lunch -- sandwiches, salads and burgers are the mainstays of their menu. I had the reuben, which was good. My sisters had to re-chose their entrees because they ran out of bacon to make the BLTs they wanted, but the hamburgers they ended up with were really good (they got burgers with raspberry chipotle on them).

The sides were a little disappointing -- fruit or chips were the only options.

Like I said, it was good, but to be the #1 spot in Marshall according to our TripAdvisor friends, I have to say I was expecting more.

3  Thank WednesdayNightGirl
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I relocated to Marshall from NYC. I am Vegan and am extremely careful of how I take on new eateries.
On an early fall day, I walked in to Central Perks, in search of a simple salad for lunch.
Needless to say, I checked out the menu and to my amazement, there were a bunch of exciting items on the menu, beckoning my palate to explore.
The Vegan Vegie Burger is "Off the Chain". The assortment of salads are an adventure within themselves.
The Best Tomato Basil Soup, this side of the Mississippi can be found at Central Perks.
The eatery has mass appeal. It is an epicurean's delight. A gourmand's walk in the park.
I just wished they would open for Dinner...

2  Thank LarenceK-2