“Good Service”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Marshall, TX, United States
“Good Service”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Staff helpful, facility clean and quiet. Breakfast great, Breakfast staff very attentive. Check in was quick and staff helpful with directions and dinner suggestions. Check out was easy. I would suggest this hotel for business or leisure travel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Louisiana
Reviewed October 31, 2013

This property is in a great location, clean, and affordable. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. Any time I had a question or needed anything, the staff member I contacted was friendly and most helpful. I have no complaints at all and would stay at this Hampton in the future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Amarillo, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Of all the Hampton Inns we stayed in on a 6 week vacation, Marshall, Tx Hampton Inn sands out in my memory. The young man who checked us in was very helpful, cheerful, and polite to my wife an me. Breakfast was not one of my favorite Hampton Inn breakfast as I do like bacon, sausage, or some type of meat with that meal. The sausage gravy just is not to my liking, but the breakfast area was very clean, well organized, and my wife says I should eat fruit and cereal, and drink my milk every so often!! Marshall, Tx has a great Hampton Inn...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

London, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I was in town for a wedding and Hampton was the host hotel, so that is where I stayed. I did check rates and reviews on other Marshall hotels, and Hampton compared favorably - also, in my experience, Hamptons tend to be consistently comfortable and well maintained. This location was no exception. Hotel was clean and looks either relativley new or has undergone a recent makeover. My room was immaculately clean, and the staff was incredibly friendly. Overall, exactly what I expected from this hotel. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

1 Thank Holly S
Philadelphia, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

OK hotel--relatively clean. Room smelled somewhat dated, and the breakfast wasn't particularly good. It was the only convenient hotel in the area, and it is right off the main highway. There wasn't anyone at the desk twice when I went there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Texas
Reviewed August 22, 2013

First the good.Very polite and friendly front desk. Room was clean and the AC worked great. (Thats important in August!) Nice, but small pool area. Delicious cookies at front desk.
As for a few minor problems I have.- Do not try to check in before 3PM. Twice we tried. Twice we have been denied. Maybe they are just that full. I dunno. But most hotels are prepared for a few early arrivals. Secondly- my wife found the bed very uncomfortable. Third- We were sitting and talking quietly by the pool, a little after the pool hours ended, and the manager asked us to leave the pool area. Nobody was swimming or making noise. Hotel Mgr told me that the owners are very strict about NOBODY being in the pool area past hours. I have stayed at alot of Hampton Inns, but I can't remember that ever happening before. Because of what we do, we're often getting back to the hotel a little late. It is nice to sit outside and talk. I know these are small things, but enough to make us try a different property on our trip this week. We will be visiting Marshall alot and I hope to find a great hotel to stay at. If we don't find better, we will give Hampton another try mainly because of Hilton points.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Our family has decided to always stay at a Hampton Inn while traveling. Accomodations were excellent and the staff was so friendly. The free breakfast in the morning was a definite plus. Also stayed in another Hampton Inn in LaPorte, TX and in Indianpolis, IN.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family