“Lots of little problems”

Quality Inn Marshall
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Dallas, Texas
“Lots of little problems”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2010

Admittedly, this hotel got the big things right. Our room was large and clean, and we saw no sign of bedbugs. In fact, the mattresses were wrapped with plastic, which we assumed was an anti-bedbug measure. But there were lots of little problems. Starting with the door handle, which worked only if you pulled it up instead of pushed it down. The phone in the room worked only intermittently. My mom didn't like the shower, for reasons she couldn't explain. The commode had problems, but management fixed that. The breakfast area was too small.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank gregweiser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
ODESSA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

I was travelling through Marshall and just needed a good night's sleep. That said, this hotel came through. If I were staying there for anything else, might review might be negative. The pool was somewhat dirty, the rooms appeared old, the internet access was spotty ,and the breakfast area was ridiculously small.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Marshall, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

I was lied to about my reservations and what would happen with my service.
If you stay with this hotel watch how they charge you...
they will tell you one thing and then charge you for something else.
If this is the only hotel you can find , I recommend spending the night in you car.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank purplecoach
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

This place is tired...arrived late and think I woke up the front desk worker...

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Houston, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

We stayed in Marshall, Texas, on 6/10/09, while traveling to Bentonvill, Arkansas. After a long day of traveling, the manager was going to give us a room on the 2nd floor. But upon seeing my wife limping, he gave us a suite with a jacuzzi for the same price! The room & amenities were very nice. The price was a bargain. The included breakfast was delicious. But the best thing was the excellent treatment we received from the entire staff. We highly recommend this Quality Inn. - JimLizHouston.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JimLizHouston
Spring, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2009

We stayed at Quality Inn on our way back from Branson and loved it. The rate was great for a walk-in. We were going to another hotel that we had stayed at last year, but, decided to stop and see what their rate was for one night. We were so glad that we did. The room was very nice with a sofa, desk, very nice office chair, fridge and micorwave. It is located very close to a variety of places to eat. It is located right on Hwy 59 and was very quiet. The hotel was one of the nicest that we have stayed in.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lovharvey
N Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2009

We stayed here one night (thank God it was only one night). We had reservations and arrived around 11pm. The hotel was PACKED as it was POURING rain out and nobody wanted to be out driving that late in the rain. Upon arriving, we checked into our room. We had to park on the opposite side of the hotel from our room, and drag our stuff through the rain. We got to our room only to find out that neither of our key cards worked. Hubby had to leave me in the rain, in the dark, in the parking lot of this dive, with our stuff, all alone, while he ran to get our key cards fixed. As I am standing there, the young man that just checked us in came running around from the back of the hotel (opposite the direction my hubby just went) I told him that neither of our keys would work and he said "oh yeah that door is broken, you have to jiggle the handle". At this point I am annoyed and thinking that I'm not flushing a toilet, and this cant be good. Then he said " did you see a guy around here? I got a couple complaints that there was a guy out here walking around looking in cars and asking people for money." Um....NO? I havent. THEN he LEAVES ME THERE ALONE, in the rain, in the dark, with my purse, and all our stuff, and goes to the lobby. Thankfully, hubby arrived within 2 minutes to let us in. However, the first card we tried STILL didnt work, but the other one did. I am going to try to keep the rest of this short so I am just going to list the negatives and positives from here on out.
Negatives- Nasty filthy bathroom, found a dirty washrag on the shower rod. Carpet turned my socks BLACK. Room was musty. Air conditioning was so loud and obnoxious. Toilet OVERFLOWED onto the floor. TWICE. The second time I didnt wipe it up, we just left. On checking out I complained about all of it and the lady at the desk said she would have her manager call me. He never did. Then she proceeded to ask us if we wanted breakfast. Um.. NO thanks.
The positive part of staying there was LEAVING.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business