“Should be Better”

Motel 6 Marshall
Motel 6 Marshall
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The outside door was loose in its jam. The mattress was cheap and uncomfortable. There were no electrical outlets at either nightstand. The bathroom fan was worn out and extremely noisy. The toilet was tiny, much too close to a side wall, and flushed only every other time the handle was pressed. The staff was slow to answer phone calls and greet guests at the front desk. The walls seemed to have no soundproofing, so I could hear everything going on in adjacent rooms. Everything else was fine for a no-frills motel.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 1, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I had a wonderful stay, at this Super 8, during the Boo Benefit. When we checked in there was a young lady helping us and she was very helpful. The best part was where we had our room, we could see our motorcycle and it was easier going in and out of our room. Very clean, quite, and friendly place feels like home. This was our first time going to to Boo Benefit in Jefferson Texas, we will be back next year as well and many after that, and we will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This Motel 8 was so disappointing. The receptionist was very nice when she greeted us.
She asked if we'd like 2 beds or just one king-sized, and would we like smoking or
non-smoking. I said 'smoking' since my husband would probably be smoking anyway.
Well when we opened the door, the smell of musty cigars and cigarettes was over power-
ing. Even if it is a smoking room air freshener should have been sprayed in the air or
either have something plugged into an outlet for fresher smell. There was was appeared to
be blood or rust on the wall between the bed and the toilet. I used one of the bath
towels when i washed by hair and there were rust spots all over it. The covering over the
electrical wires directed to the microwave and fridge was all dusty. I believe also that the toilet bowl was a bit shaky. Not tied/screwed to the floor tightly enough. Not too impressive,
and don't think we'll stop there again. We stayed in Room 116, bottom corner......
I wish now I had of taken pictures to upload, but didn't.........

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have been staying here off and on when I am on bussiness trips. I have had a great experienc, the rooms are pretty big the beds are comfortable and clean. The staff here is really kind and helpfull. I will defiantly recommend this Super 8 Motel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business