“Cajun in Texas”
Review of Cajun Tex

Cajun Tex
Ranked #3 of 73 Restaurants in Marshall
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Hallsville, Texas
“Cajun in Texas”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Was visting Marshall for the Wonderland of Lights, was reconmmened this place. Hmm Hmm good. The Boudain Balls were as good as Mom's and the Gumbo had lots of ingredients not like others that water down their soups.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Madicat

Marshall, Texas
“Nasty place to eat”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I generally judge the cleanliness of a place by how sanitary it's restrooms are and Cajun Tex was filthy. As we walked to our table I realized how nasty the floor was, our shoes stuck to the floor. When I walked up to the counter before leaving I had a chance to look into the kitchen area and sadly the kitchen area made the nasty restrooms look clean. Don't know how they manage to pass when the health inspector comes around, I'll never eat there again. they may know a lot about preparing food, but nothing about cleanliness.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank captnron99
Sherrills Ford, NC
“Great find!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

We have been traveling to Marshall for years to visit family. Just the other day we decided to try Cajun Tex at its new location near downtown Marshall. It has a very laid back decor and feel to it. The menu can be a little daunting as it is fairly extensive for Marshall. BT the food is absolutely delicious!! The owner came over to the table and personally delivered our food. He even threw in a surprise crab cake topped with crawfish and hollandaise sauce. Overall it was an excellent choice. The food, service, and prices were excellent. I will definitely be going back to Cajun Tex the next time I am in Marshall!

Huntsville, Texas
“Cajun Tex - Marshall, Tx”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I was expecting a restaurant where you sit down and order from a menu and a waiter brings the food to you. I drove for hours to meet my Mom here who also drove several hours from Little Rock. I was disappointed when I got inside and saw how it actually was. You get a paper menu and order at the front and they bring the food to your table when it's ready.
BUT, it was worth it. We stayed here for 2 hours visiting and exchanging Christmas presents (yes in June) and no one gave us a hard time about taking up a table for 2 hours. There were 2 women working up front and a guy in back cooking. Sorry, I didn't get anyone's names, but the woman who took our order was very nice and professional and the food didn't take long at all. We had alligator po' boys with cajun fries and the food was great. It'd be pretty easy to serve bad alligator but this stuff was perfect. You could tell it was fresh and there were lots of toppings you could choose from and add to your sandwich yourself. I wish we were closer and I would eat here all the time. Great place to eat some great food.

• Visited June 2012
Central Louisiana
“Excellent meals with large portions”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Food was very good and with friendly service. Did take some time to get the food though.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Greenfrogtrike

Been to Cajun Tex? Share your experiences!