“Comfy rooms and friendly staff”

Best Western Marlin Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Marlin
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed three nights for business. The rooms are very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked. Staff was very friendly and check in/out process were very efficient. My only complaint is the noise from the nearby railroad tracks. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Husband and I decided to stay here instead of messing with the Waco traffic later in the evening. It was Thurs. evening before Christmas Sunday and there were very few cars in the parking lot. We are Best Western fans, mostly because of the beds, so it was an automatic stop for us.

The desk clerk at check in was friendly, perhaps not too knowledgeable about all aspects of wi-fi in the room, but that was easily overcome. She even called us a few min. after we went to our room to make sure everything was ok.....that was nice. She also upgraded us from a King room to a King suite, probably due to the lack of guests. Nice perk!

The room was very clean and comfortable. Could not have asked for more as far as comfy bed and room size. We just wish hotels would go back to larger coffee pots in the rooms!

The breakfast was decent as far as "hotel continental breakfasts" are concerned. Hubby didn't like the gravy and there was no oil spray for the waffle maker so the dough stuck. But, overall, the food was pretty good.

The only two things I have to complain about specifically as far as the hotel is concerned is, 1) the lack of water pressure....poss. because we were on the 3rd floor. And
2) the elevator needed the hydraulics worked on.

I did receive a nice e-mail from the manager after doing a survey and he said my complaints would be looked into.

Overall a very nice and comfortable hotel. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2011

I was in Marlin for business. The staff was very friendly and helpful with information in the area. My room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast area was clean and plenty of food. I would stay at this location if I was in the area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2011

It was well worth the 30 minute drive between Waco and Marlin to stay at this motel. I would suggest to anybody looking at staying in Waco to make the drive to this motel, the moderate pricing makes it worthwhile to commute. The staff has been extremely friendly and accomodating, they asked several times if I needed anything in my room and seemed like they really cared that my stay was comfortable. I've stayed in a best westerns before but this location is much nicer than any of the rest more comparable to the type of room you would get at a more expensive chain such as a Hilton. The only problem i've had with this motel is its location, Marlin has nothing and all the fast food restaurants close up pretty early so dining is limited. After my wife and move to the area we will definetely be suggesting this motel for our family and friends to stay.

Room Tip: spend the extra $5 a night for a suite
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western Marlin and thought we made a great choice because its a new hotel, until we arrived. The staff was not friendly with the exception of one receptionist on our second day of our trip. We make this trip every year for a church youth conference on Easter weekend. Upon making the reservation I told the receptionist we were a large church group with teenagers. When we arrived one a/c in our rooms was not working they took forever to come out and fix it and refused to switch us to another room. The hotel would not allow our large group to use the breakfast area until we said we would sit in the lobby to address our plans for the evening. They made it clear that we had to wipe the tables down and take the trash out to the dumpster if we used the breakfast room. So we did clean it take the trash to the dumpster and we also swept the room. They did not try to accommodate us or help us at all. They were rude and told us well what did we expect. One credit card was charged for a room when we paid cash and they told us to call our bank to get it fixed. They were very RUDE and not helpful at all!!! If you have a large group do not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!! Not friendly for large groups!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Katymom1
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I have to travel to Marlin once a year for work. I used to stay in Waco and commute to Marlin. But now I have the Best Western! The other hotels in Marlin do not look safe, especially for me, a young solo female traveler. Just look across the highway to the Relax Inn. But the Best Western is great. It is brand new and the staff and manager are very friendly. They have a hot breakfast, including eggs, meat, and waffles, along with a pool, business center and fitness center. The rooms are cozy and nice. You will not be disappointed with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank Meredith R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlin
Comfort Suites Waco North
Best Western Plus Waco North
WoodSpring Suites Waco
Candlewood Suites Waco
Courtyard by Marriott Waco
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 6 in Bellmead

Been to Best Western Marlin Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!