“two breakfasts”
Review of Squeeze

Squeeze
Reserve with OpenTable
Squeeze is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 33 Restaurants in Marfa
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lincoln St / P.O.Box 1457
Description: Squeeze Marfa is a Swiss Cafe offering delicious coffee, juices, swiss chocolate, and more in Marfa, Texas. Squeeze Marfa was founded in October of 2004 as an idea for a simple juice bar. Over the years it has developed into a sandwich shop offering juices, smoothies, creamsicle sodas and shakes with customized vitamin supplements. Squeeze Marfa carries Vollenweider chocolate from Switzerland. Vollenweider chocolate was started in 1943 by the father of Squeeze Marfa's owner, Verena Zbinden. Her brother and his wife continue to run the family business in Winterthur and Zürich, Switzerland sending handmade chocolate to Marfa directly from the source. Squeeze Marfa is the sole US distributor of Vollenweider chocolatier. Our menu includes a daily vegetarian soup, bratwurst, hummus with pita bread, garden salads and breakfast options including Birchermüesli - a hearty Swiss recipe of oats, fruit and yogurt, a vegan granola dish with açai, waffles and freshly baked croissants. In 2009 Squeeze Marfa added a new, state of the art, Espresso machine and began serving Espresso, Cappuccino and Café Latté. Squeeze Marfa is proud to present Third Coast Coffee as our new House Blend coffee. Third Coast Coffee is an Austin, Texas based brand known for their Fair Trade and Organic blend coffees. We our proud to service delicious local coffee. With a focus on fresh, healthy offerings, it's an eclectic menu sure to cater to almost any palate. It's a great place for groups, take out, catering, and outdoor seating. We look forward to seeing you soon at Squeeze Marfa.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Such a sweet place -- both mornings in Marfa I ate breakfast there, and always felt like I was in a friend's home. Like she knew just how to make my oatmeal. The service was friendly and quick, and comfortable.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We had a quick lunch at Squeeze in Marfa while in the Big Bend area. The restaurant isn't very big at all, but had a nice variety of choices for lunch, including vegetarian options. We both had tasty, satisfying sandwiches, and my salad was fresh and well-prepared too. Both ladies working were extremely pleasant. This is a great little spot.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Went both days we we're in Marfa as just round the corner from the hotel. Good selection of breakfast items, including some healthier options. A bit lacking on fresh juice though.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My family and I are on a trip in Marfa, Texas. We were completely starving by the time we passed this little restaurant so we thought, Why not? It was around the usual lunch rush time so I should have know that my experience here was going to be average when I looked around and only saw 3 people sitting down. I ordered my sandwich without mustard or spinach, a simple request, and what do you know? They mess it up. When I received my sandwich they managed to remove the spinach but not the mustard. Nevertheless, this did not ruin the sandwich. It was very good and so are some of the smoothies. The service was average. Overall, this is a pretty good place to eat but if you get there early enough, I would recommend Food Shark.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Before leaving Marfa, we walked around the block from our hotel, El Paisano, and enjoyed breakfast here thanks to reviews from TripAdvisor.

There were four employees working that morning and there was definitely a crowd inside. We got a table for two in a kitchen corner and having not been greeted and wondering if anyone knew we were there, I just walked to the counter and placed our order myself. (That indeed may be the standard procedure, it just wasn't clear to me.) They were out of oranges, so they couldn't make fresh OJ, but they had bottled OJ instead.

I saw the displays of all the fine Swiss chocolate, but at $13.50 a bar, I passed on purchasing anything for our trip home. For dark chocolate lovers, they had 65% and 90%.

My husband (who is not a breakfast person) enjoyed a very simple two-scrambled egg plate and OJ while I had the Greek yogurt parfait and a vanilla latte sweetened with Stevia. (That was cool that they had Stevia available.)

The parfait really was delicious but I admit I was surprised that the berries appeared to be warmed up from a frozen state. The good thing about that is the nice syrup that's created from reheating frozen berries, but on the other hand, I would have preferred fresh berries. Again, it was really good, but I paid $6.50 for it and just would have expected it to be all fresh.

By the time we left, we had paid $18 for our meal (kinda steep) but the crowd that had gathered at tables outside-- in the cold--made me think it might be the only place worth going to for breakfast in Marfa.

If I were to go back, I'd love to try the chocolate or almond croissants and some of the fresh juice. You'll get a good meal here, just be patient with the slower service during breakfast rush.