“Wanted deeply to love this place!”
Review of Borunda's Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Borunda's Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Super Cool, down-to-earth interior, altho with noisy sports on the TVs, I'd enjoy the interior the less: how about local music only!? I had high, hyped food expectations based on history, and then blammo, we didn't think the food was very good. the weirdest enchilada special I've ever encountered; dry, tough, tasteless brisket; and the rest was unmemorable, unremarkable. The owner was very cool; the service good; and the tea excellent. Hoping to find a gem or 2 on the menu to enjoy because I really like the chilled atmosphere.

2  Thank Sephuzzy

Reviewed May 23, 2012

The original Borunda's was a Tex-Mex classic. Now they are just living on that nostalgia. You can never tell when they are open, and when I found it open they had already run out of their special (brisket). They didn't care. Nothing on the menu attracted my attention (no other Tex-Mex), so we left. Too bad.

1  Thank MarshallMayer
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I happened to stop in when they have their BBQ.... It was so good..... Mouth Watering Brisket, Pork Ribs, Chicken and Sausage. Best Place in Marfa to have a Beer.... non pretentious.... a place where the locals go....

Reviewed March 16, 2009

If you're in Marfa and you need a place to watch a game, you're pretty much screwed. However Borunda's actually has TVs, and it's a REAL local joint (as opposed to all the fancy spots owned by out-of-towners). I spent an evening recently watching an OU football game, drinking cheap beer, and talking Marfa hisory with the friendly couple that owns the place. It was great, and I would never get that experience otherwise. Also, they were nice enough to let me stay there 2 hours after closing time to wath the game. They even drank with me! I hope Borunda's can hang on in Marfa.