“Beer, games, fireplace, rock n roll”
Review of Padre's - CLOSED

Padre's
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
“Beer, games, fireplace, rock n roll”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We had a great time on our visit. Met some very cool locals, including a border patrol guy, a real estate agent, a drug dealer and great bartenders. There was a good 90s cover band. There's shuffleboard, pool tables, a patio and a fire place. Cozy as hell. Fun to drink and party at. Plenty of space even on a crowded Saturday night. Salud!

Visited November 2013

Austin, TX
“When it's time for a burger and beer, head to Padre's”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I've been to Padre's a few times over the years. Last weekend found me back in Marfa again, and jonesing for their cold taps and fine burgers. The menu had shrunk slightly since last time, but I opted for the Patty melt, and sweet potato fries with my cold Tejas lager. The Patty melt was just perfect. The fries were ultra thin as usual, but not as crisp as I would have liked. The lager was ice cold, and so I forgot about the fries.

I like Padre's. Reliable music, the backyard of pool tables and games as well as outdoor seating, and fun locals/hipsters/students all mixing it up. Good times.

It's not fancy, but it is quirky... in a good way.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Quilmesgrl
Beaumont, Texas
“Great Music Venue”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great for listening to music in an old building with lots of atmosphere. Visited during a music festival. Would go back, but you go to here musicians you want to hear in a small venue.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank mike m
“Always look forward to Padre's”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We go to Padre's whenever we visit Marfa. This past weekend our visit included the annual rousing Gospel Show which was great fun. There is indoor seating in the stage area, an indoor pool and game area, and ourdoor seating with an outdoor fireplace in winter.

Best I can tell, it's smoke-free and family friendly.

We've also been at Padre's on New Year's Eve (2010) with Jimmy Dale Gilmore performing, and we had the time of our lives.

Casual, friendly, inexpensive - not to be missed.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank LANYARDLOVER
Tacoma, Washington
“Bad service, bad music & bad food all in one day”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We started going to this bar every Thursday night and enjoyed their small hamburgers with a beer. It was not the best service in town, nor the best food but it is reasonable priced...until one Thursday we ordered the same burgers we ate every week and a pregnant blond with attitude told us they "run out of burgers" so we ordered melted cheese w chips. She gave us something that look like a thick yellow water with chili...it look totally disgusting. When I came back to return it, she was arguing with me that she “gave me what I ordered”…to make things worst their two beers for one were flat…when I thought nothing could go any worst a tall handsome cowboy started singing…it was without exaggeration, the worst country music I ever herd in my life. We never came back since then. Many great places in Marfa to waste your time in Padre's.

• Visited February 2013