“Great Music Venue”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great for listening to music in an old building with lots of atmosphere. Visited during a music festival. Would go back, but you go to here musicians you want to hear in a small venue.

1  Thank mike m

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We go to Padre's whenever we visit Marfa. This past weekend our visit included the annual rousing Gospel Show which was great fun. There is indoor seating in the stage area, an indoor pool and game area, and ourdoor seating with an outdoor fireplace in winter.

Best I can tell, it's smoke-free and family friendly.

We've also been at Padre's on New Year's Eve (2010) with Jimmy Dale Gilmore performing, and we had the time of our lives.

Casual, friendly, inexpensive - not to be missed.

1  Thank LANYARDLOVER
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We started going to this bar every Thursday night and enjoyed their small hamburgers with a beer. It was not the best service in town, nor the best food but it is reasonable priced...until one Thursday we ordered the same burgers we ate every week and a pregnant blond with attitude told us they "run out of burgers" so we ordered melted cheese w chips. She gave us something that look like a thick yellow water with chili...it look totally disgusting. When I came back to return it, she was arguing with me that she “gave me what I ordered”…to make things worst their two beers for one were flat…when I thought nothing could go any worst a tall handsome cowboy started singing…it was without exaggeration, the worst country music I ever herd in my life. We never came back since then. Many great places in Marfa to waste your time in Padre's.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is a great place to hang out if you're spending time in Marfa. They have good food, with the menu changing nightly. The front bar area has a very "western" feel, and often has quality live music on the weekends, with a great stage and large dance floor. In the back, there's billiards and shuffleboard, plus a great outdoor seating area with a covered back patio, fireplace, and televisions. It's a laid back, relaxed atmosphere at Padre's, and a great place to enjoy your night.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Local hang out. Small space, so if you go late at night the music can be loud because you are up close. Good bar selection.