“Lives up to the hype”

Food Shark
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Marfa
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: FOOD SHARK serves up Mediterranean-by-way-of-West-Texas food Wednesday through Saturday from 12 - 3:00. Please note - We only answer the telephone during business hours, no voicemail for catering or anything else. Also, if it is busy...i.e. a line of people at window, they take priority over phone orders so we may not always answer the phone. Thanks for your understanding.
“Lives up to the hype”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stopped in at the recommendation of a UC Berkeley teacher, writer/translator and temporary Marfa resident we met camping near the Rio Grande...you do meet the coolest folks down there. The first item on the menu, a falafel hummus wrap was to die for. I don't usually eat much, but I took down that whole thing. We still crave the Food Shark.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jbaxterking

Searcy, Arkansas
“Fresh and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband and I ate here on a Saturday at lunch time. I had the Marfalafel which included 3 falafel balls with lettuce, cucumber, tomato and hummus, served on top of a flour tortilla. My husband had a salad with quinoa, sliced tomatoes and flatbread. We both agreed that our lunches were yummy and perfectly hit the spot. I also had a homemade oatmeal-raisin cookie - different than most because it was tall (rather than flat) but very good. Lunchtime was getting busy, and we did have to wait about 20 minutes for our food, but it was worth it. You can find the food truck under the pavilion near the railroad track.

Aubrey, Texas
“Great food truck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

All the 5 star reviews are right. The food is freshly prepared on the spot. I had the delicious marfalafel. The young man taking the order asked if I wanted it with hummus. As I had never had it before, I didn't know. He said, "Trust me, you do." He was right. The truck arrived at noon underneath the large pavilion canopy by the railroad tracks at Highland Ave and El Paso St. There are plenty of parking spaces and picnic tables in the shade.

Lisbon, Portugal
“Cool food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

good food, cool surroundings. Lots of people the day we were there. there isn't that much choice in marfa for eating good and different food at lunch. Good food coming out of a trailer / rv, with the manager shouting out your name in hipsteroo language. worth a visit. Lots of wasps nearby taht day (?!), left 5 of them trapped in my Coke bottle (which I did not drink...).

Visited May 2014
San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tons of Vegetarian Options!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

The first 5 items of the Food Shark menu are vegetarian. That says something. I asked for a recommendation and the top seller is the Felafel wrap. Fresh with wonderful favors, I really enjoyed the crunch of this tasty wrap which was generously sized. Great, friendly service complete with megaphone announcement for pick-up service. The location under the pavilion is perfect - tons of shade and picnic table space. **Cash Only so be sure to have some on hand.