“Dirty and Dated”
Review of The Arcon Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marfa
The Arcon Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Marfa B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Stayed there with adult child and girlfriend. First time I have ever seen a shower stall with curtain on inside. Rooms were dirty, bathrooms were unsanitary. Accommodation changed when we arrived on high demand weekend to other "better" rooms. Classically "trained" Mona appeared in am for breakfast with grungy chef jacket that should have been burned, not washed. "Extras" from left it behind basket included used razors with rust on blades and hair. Ceiling of room has water damage. No untoward stains on sheets, and yes I looked. Place was unlocked at night. No key to room. Carried camera because i was afraid it would be stolen. I know it's Marfa, Tx, but there are thieves there too! I have nothing to recommend about this place and I'm used to sleeping in tents in third world counties. Prefer tent at same price. Nasty, nasty, nasty place.

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs. Flee, save yourselves.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank nursemike

Reviewed October 13, 2010

Scary and not just because it may be haunted! I have confirmed sightings of dust bunnies, the ecto-skeletons of dead insects, lots of live spiders and loads of dust, dirt and human hair. I am used to toughing it. I like the five star experience but I also love the campfire under the open sky. This place was outside those two extremes. I don't think the carpets had been vacuumed in quite a while (when you can see the trail of dirty shoes on the carpeted stairs it's time to replace the carpet). The sheets were full of twigs - really - and long black hair. (I'm a redhead). The wash cloth included with the towels featured an eyelash adhered to it, maybe it was all the mascara. The walls - once white perhaps - were full of smudges. Smudges of what? was this a decor choice? I cannot tell you. What can I say - stay away if you expect clean sheets and towels. Truly ick-a- licious.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank Light_33
Reviewed April 10, 2008

Best described as an "experience that is a must", we stayed for 6 days, only intended to be there for 2 or 3.
Every day there was something else to see, an exhibit, a social gathering, a restaurant, an art gallery, and "Building 98" . People come from all over the world to see it, now I know why. There are other places to stay in Marfa, including a first class hotel. The Arcon is a treasure, pictures to follow.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank RollyK
Reviewed January 3, 2008

A quaint and lovely Bed and Breakfast a block from the courthouse. A welcome stop along our long drive to Arizona for Christmas. We stayed one night with our two large dogs and wish that we could spend more time there. Our room had two comfortable beds with a heater in the room and our own private bedroom. We shared a living room and full kitchen area with another guest in the La Casita who was during work on a large estate outside of town. The decor of the Casita and house were from the owners travels in South America and Europe. Trains are just commonplace in this part of the country even at night (if it bothers you, bring ear plugs).

The owner, Mona, is a professionally trained Chef in France, and she made us the best breakfast with the delicious crepes and canadian bacon and fruit included in your rate.

If you love history like us, ask Mona if you could see the officers quarters of the old Fort Russell. Hint: remarkable history and murals on the walls of this building, and promising new future for this building.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank Slartibart
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marfa
Hotel Saint George
#6 of 13 in Alpine
Quarter Circle 7 Hotel
Quarter Circle 7 Hotel
#4 of 13 in Alpine

Been to The Arcon Inn? Share your experiences!