“Sandwhiches are good but the Cakes are great!”
Review of Brothers Bakery & Cafe - CLOSED

Brothers Bakery & Cafe
Texas
“Sandwhiches are good but the Cakes are great!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Brothers Bakery is a strip center bakery and its has all of the usual things you would expect at any bakery. The breads are always fresh and delicious but remember there are no preservatives so they spoil fast at home.

Now I think they have great sandwiches and by ordering ahead you can get a party tray of a variety including Ham, Turkey, Roast Beef on fresh made breads that are sure to be the delight of any party.

I like to stop by on my way through town to get a fresh, not fast food pastry.

But their special order cakes, specially the chocolate is fantastic! Not cheap but delicious. Oh what am I say they are all great but make sure you special order them and for the chilled cakes don't leave them in your car very long in the Texas heat. You will regret it as the icing will run.

The service is great, as an example my birthday was on labor day and they made a cake for me and met my wife at the store so she could pick it up even though they were closed on labor day.

Tip: call in and see when they have cupcakes. You can get a sample of most of their special order cakes only in cupcake size. My wife loved the lemon cake...

• Visited December 2013

Allamuchy, New Jersey
“Delicious baked goods, but bad service!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I go to Brothers to get delicious baked goods. However, I almost hate to go because the staff is so inattentive. I've been there a half dozen times where the girls talk among themselves while I stand waiting. One time it took 10 minutes for them to find a pie box. After you pay, there is no "thank you, come again!" or any acknowledgement that your business is appreciated. Good thing that the baked goods are so tasty, or there wouldn't be much reason to go there. Shame, because I like to patronize local establishments.

• Visited December 2013
“Breakfast at Brothers Bakery”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This is a great place to stop for fresh pastries, scones, kolaches, coffees and a variety of teas. Easy access to Hwy 281. They also have delicious soups and sandwiches for lunch.

Visited October 2013
Marble Falls, Texas
“Small Surprise”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This slightly diminutive cafe showcases its pastries, but we enjoy the sandwiches on their homemade breads and their soups. My daughter and I shared a sandwich today and a cup of their tomato basil soup. Then we picked a pastry from the counter to take home for breakfast tomorrow. It's really worth a try for those looking for a different experience than what one finds at a fast food spot.

• Visited September 2013
“LoVe!!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This place is awesome! They DO SERVE SANDWICHES!!! Try the turkey bacon avacado panini !!!! Delsih!!!!

• Visited August 2013