“Brothers Bakery & Cafe is blessed!”
Review of Brothers Bakery & Cafe - CLOSED

Brothers Bakery & Cafe
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Our family had a late lunch at Brothers Bakery after a cave tour at Longhorn Caverns State Park. I had heard it was good and it did not disappoint! The dining area was basic but the people are very friendly and helpful! My boys wanted to sit at the bar part that faces the street. They were excited to find a Scrabble board game ready to be played. The female employee that helped us (I don't know her name) was so friendly and helpful. We all ordered the Salad Roll Trio for $7.89. You can choose 3 salads from chicken, tuna, egg, pimento and veggie. I ordered the chicken, egg and veggie without rolls. My boys chose the same with multi-grain rolls. We look over the bread, desserts and breakfast items. Though not much was left at this point, everything looked wonderful.The salads were delicious! The lettuce and tomatoes were fresh. The chicken salad was our favorite. It had pecans, apples and celery. The egg salad was very good - it had a seasoning on it that was different but tasty. The veggie had a cream cheese/onion spread that was divine. For dessert we decided to have oatmeal cookies. Again, a delicious choice! The cookies were crispy on outside, chewy on the inside and great size. There was art on display for sale by local artists plus a collection of old Sunbeam mixers. The coffee and tea selection was amazing, too! By the way, breakfast rolls/foods are half off after 2pm. We loved the entire experience and will definitely return to Brothers Bakery! The time with family and delicious food was a blessing!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

If you need a super decorated cake this is probably the place. Their everyday offerings however are boring.

1  Thank S W
Reviewed July 1, 2012

IF I COULD GIVE NO STARS, I WOULD!

I went here to order a cake for my baby shower off of a good recommendation from a friend and all of the wonderful cakes on their website. I went on a Wednesday morning and needed the cake that Saturday and the girl I talked to, the "cake decorator" said that wasn't a problem. I told her that I had wanted a 2 tiered SMALL cake or a small simple on tier with white fondant and pink zebra stripes made with fondant as well and then my daughter's name in fondant letters. She said that was simple and shouldn't be a problem but couldn't give me a price until the owner came back? So I gave her my number and she said she would call in a few hours at the most....Never heard back from them...I called back later that night and talked to a boy who knew nothing about my order and couldn't connect me with anyone who did, he just took my name and asked what time I'd like to be called back the next morning (Thursday). The next morning, no one called...instead we called them back like before and were told the price and asked if we still wanted fondant LETTERS because it was going to be more expensive....so we changed the letters to regular icing to avoid the cost....I had the cake picked up that Saturday with hopes that it would be as beautiful as the ones online.....BUT, Instead, I opened the box to see a plainly, ICED (not fondant covered) cake with pink ICING bordering the top and bottom, and 1 1/2 inch edible-zebra-printed ribbon around the tier that looked like it had been put on by a child....on the top of the cake was my daughter's name in icing like we had talked about, but it was COMPLETELY off centered, and a hideous flower that was not discussed was placed above the name in an awkward position. Not only was the outside disappointing, but the cake and icing tasted awful. I almost threw it out instead of having it on the table at my shower because it was an eyesore! It had to have been thrown together in a matter of hours...if I would have known it was going to look like this I never would have gone there!

1  Thank Emily F
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Whether it is a bakery item or a quick lunch, this is the place in Marble Falls, TX. LIke to stop in for a sandwich or soup -- hot or cold depending upon the season...............

1  Thank RAY H
Reviewed February 25, 2012

Based on the recommendation of a neighbor, we tried Brothers Bakery & Cafe for a Saturday morning sit-down breakfast. After waiting in line for a short while at the counter and paying the tab, I ordered an omelet while my spouse preferred to order a lunch ciabatta turkey sandwich. Both meals were delivered about 10 minutes later to our table, and both were very fresh and very good. They even heated my coffee cup before giving it to me to fill with the roasted coffee of my choice. Pricing seemed a little high to me, but otherwise no complaints at all -- recommended, at least for breakfast.