“Why make a reservation????”

Best Western Marble Falls Inn
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Marble Falls
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We made a reservation at this hotel for October 19, 2013. We arrived at 3:45 pm to find they had already given our room away. We were placed in a handicapped room, with no parking on that side of the building(all handicapped parking). I made this reservation many weeks in advanced and it was totally ignored by the new woman clerk at the time. In the morning, when I brought to her attention that I was extremely unhappy, she did not apologize or act as if she cared at all. She kept repeating that they gave me a discount. Yes, for a terrible room I would NEVER have reserved. The counters were located near the floor for wheelchairs, with handicap bars everywhere and no parking. I have plenty of money and I was more than willing to pay more. I wanted the jacuzzi tub I had reserved. I went from the top room to the lowest room. This girl needs to be fired.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
John T, General Manager at Best Western Marble Falls Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear Guest, There is no excuse for giving your room away. Of course you have my sincerest apologies. Obviously it was a special night for you and you were looking forward to enjoying our room with a whirlpool. We have had several issues with Third Party Internet Sights booking the wrong room (smoking for instance) and we have changed rooms to accommodate those guests even though it was not our fault. However, your reservation doesn't fall into this category. She clearly made an error with your reservation and there is no back-up for this one of a kind whirlpool room. Please contact me in the future and give us a chance to make it up to you.
Again, I am sorry your evening was ruined.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have stayed at the hotel twice before. Staff was excellent. Room was comfortable and well presented. Air conditioner was quiet but seemed to fail to pull moisture out of air in room, but room remained cool enough. Particularly liked having door entry to inside lobby AND separate door entry to outside.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
John T, General Manager at Best Western Marble Falls Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear David B., Thank you so much for calling my staff excellent! I really appreciate them and this means a lot to them. Since you have stayed here before I hope you are noticing the improvements our new ownership has made with more to come! We have improved our breakfast and since we have DVD players and flat screens in every room, we've added a ton of new DVD titles to our FREE loaner library! Some nights we fire up our popcorn cart for a perfect movie watching experience. By the way....we'll take your ideas for any improvements also.
Thanks again.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Your hotel employees and your facility were all fine. It's the absolute horrific performance of Booking.com employees who spoiled the whole trip for me. Your employee Bryan understood my problem and acquiesced with a discounted room for me when I rebooked direct w/him after I cancelled my /booking.com reservation. A warning to all consumers reading this input.....NEVER, NEVER book a reservation through Booking.com. I promise you will be inflamed with their less than professional tactics.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Stanley S
John T, General Manager at Best Western Marble Falls Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for mentioning one of our staff members, I'm glad he was able to help. I'm sorry there was a problem. Usually we don't have problems with Booking.Com reservations and their guests have a good stay with us.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a wedding at Horseshoe Bay. Was a little concerned by all the negative reviews I had been seeing but for our weekend stay, none of the other issues I had seen ever panned out. There were actually other family members that we found to be staying here as well. After discussing the hotel with them as well, we all said we would stay there again. We had a King bedroom which was nice. It had a couch and coffee table with a chair at the desk. The bed was so comfortable and soft pillows to fall asleep in after 2 long days of festivities. The fridge and microwave worked fine along with the iron and air conditioner. The only thing we found in our room that didn't work was the bathroom exhaust fan. Not even close to a deal breaker in the least. The breakfast was great. Hot foods like eggs, sausage and waffles along with cold stuff like cereals, bagels and muffins. Coffee and juices were available as well. Loved that there was a Dollar General store 100 feet from our door and a Sonic on the other side. So overall, we were very happy and would stay here again if in town.

• Stayed: September 2013
John T, General Manager at Best Western Marble Falls Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for your nice comments. We have a very nice hotel here that is under new ownership and new management. We're correcting some oversights by previous management as well as introducing some things that have already proven to be a hit with guests at some of our other properties. We try to make improvements every week if not every day. large or small they all add up to greater guest satisfaction and value! Glad the rest of your party liked their rooms too. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

check in 3 pm...ok room ac off iron on th blink...shower great...pillow great...mattress good...expensive for what u get...location view not the greatest..near many places to eat... central location...easy to locate...friendly staff & helpful...good breakfast...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
John T, General Manager at Best Western Marble Falls Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the nice comments. I am sorry your air conditioning was not on when you arrived. During the Summer and a few weeks afterwards we leave the units on for our guest's comfort. Sometimes we put a room out of order so that it is available to be deep cleaned the next morning and we leave the air conditioning off. However, our staff is instructed to use the room if it is the only one that will satisfy an arriving guest. We encourage you to call the front desk at this and any hotel you stay at as we are happy to provide another room close by.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Was an older best western and it had a new owner and a new inn keeper. had trouble with the lights, the inn keeper took care of the trouble himself as it was a sunday and he maintance person was off. The breakfast was hot meal, eggs, susage, waffles and free fruit. The staff was great!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wifeandme78121

Thank you sir for your kind words. I enjoyed talking to you and am glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for complimenting my staff, it really means a lot as they try very hard to please our guests. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My two grandsons and i spent a night here before visiting Lyndon B Johnson National Historic Site in Johnson City. This is a very good BW. n We very much enjoyed the pool and the boys must have like the bed as they got in 11 and 12 hours respectively. As a result, we did not get to the Longhorn Caverns but would definitely stay here again when we do.

Room Tip: We thought the second floor was a little quieter.