“Long ride and no fun”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Long ride and no fun”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

My son heard about this place and we decided to try it. I had no idea how much the rentals were and they really looked like they were in rough shape. The rentals are different from the park. I did not find anyone from the rental company there. There were people coming in for the weekend who were very excited so it sounds like a great park. They were doing stuff for wounded warriors this weekend so I give them kudos for that but was very disappointed in the rental conditions and the high price of the rentals. Unless you have your own ATVs I would suggest skipping this adventure.

6 Thank Gerald N

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“First ATV Experience ... AWESOME PARK!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Backstory on my adventure. My boyfriend, is an avid off roader. He was an excellent and patient teacher. My ATV experience was zip. I've never ridden one, never been around them. He spent a couple hours with me in a field near his home before we decided to go on this trip over a three day weekend. Now, granted he is former military, a DOD Fireman for 3 years and an active municipal fireman for 13 years as well as an active 14 year state EMT so I felt like I was in good hands. He has two ATV's so we did not rent the ones the park has to offer. I do not proclaim how to read a map, however he has experience navigating with various terrain in regards to topographic maps.

When we arrived at the park I spent a total of about 3 more hours ridding on some of the easy trails, yes even the kiddie trails lol. It was scary and stressful for me at first but he was relentless in making me repeatedly negotiate them over and over. After learning to read and preplan known terrain I was able to comfortably ride ALL of the beginner trails and navigate a few of the more challenging trails and having an absolute blast! Everyone we ran into was polite and very helpful.

We are both from Texas, born and raised and enjoy camping. We are a different breed but genuine good hearted people.

Now, I rarely write reviews because I simply don't have much time but when I saw the terrible review that 9 people found helpful I HAD to jump in and write one about my FIRST time experience in addition to respond to the ONLY (one) terrible rating.

If you have never been to a 3,000 acre park that accommodates Motorcycle, ATV, UTV, 4x4 vehicles and rock crawlers, you may want to add someone to your group who has ridden an ATV and is willing to give lessons, navigate the park and understands what trails a beginner can navigate on an ATV.

There are quite a few things I personally would not have done when looking at making a trip like this. First, if you have not been on trails similar to the park you are going to, you may want to consider choosing a different park. Second, if you have not ridden an ATV, as stated above, go through a safety course, which I did online, and ride a few ATV's at your local dealer, make a call to the rental company and see if they have one like you tried out so you are somewhat familiar on the bike. Third, learn how to read a map, buy a hand held gps, stay close to camp or find someone who can read a map or knows the trails to go with you (good ole buddy system). Lastly, research and watch videos via the internet and learn about the area the park you want to ride in. Reading the reviews will help when you call the park prior to your visit to questions you may have. Just showing up to any ATV park renting an ATV and riding for the first time at a whim may not be the best idea.

Overall I personally had a wonderful time and we plan to go more often in the Fall.

Visited April 2014
6 Thank Stephanie A
Houston, Texas, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Fun place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Me and my husband decided to drive from Houston to check this park out for the weekend. It is clean and nice and a good selection of trails to ride on. Some of the trails can be a little challenging but its nice to have a challenge and something different then the swamps and flat land that Houston has. If you like to see hills and nature this is a good park to go to and ride at.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Andrea S
Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Offroading Trails”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

The map is a bit hard to read and not accurate. Some of the obstacles might be a bit overwhelming for newbies. I wish the signage on the property marking the trails was more clearly labeled. Other than that, the trails were fun and kept our group entertained for a day.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Hummerevents
new york
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“no way!!!! no way!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

I am shocked at the amount of amazing reviews this "park" received..I didnt read all of them so didnt notice if any of them were beginners like myself and my husband---- Someone wrote "the trails are well marked" WHAT?!!!!!! the trails are NOT well marked---first of all i must have told the guys that we were beginners over and over again,,,i emailed him that we were beginners,,,i even asked if there were tours or guides,,so we wouldnt get lost or go off on a trail that we werent ready for...I still have their reply assuring us there would be no problems,,,that there is always someone around in case of anything.....WRONG WRONG WRONG!!!! they hand you a map,,,show you how to use the ATV and send you on your way... we were enjoying ourselves the first hour until we started to realize we were going in circles,,,,,,we tried EVERYTHING,,,we followed that map like it was the bible and STILL got lost...and mind you,,,we are pretty good with maps and directions in general....I actually love maps--- So we are finding ourselves on trails we really shouldnt be trying to ride,,,,but there is no one around and we havent a clue as to how to get out of this predicament!! two more hours go by and i start calling the park ranger...I tell him we REALLY need someone to help us get back to safety as it is getting dark and also starting to rain,,,,,,the reply is "where are you....okay... i think i know where you are ,,so try this...." and he proceeds to give us directions....It didnt help....15 minutes later I call again telling him we are near a creek and didnt think we should be driving through it,,,,,it seemed a little dangerous (once again i need to remind you we have never done this before) I am reassured that we are going in the right direction even though the only sign i see has something to do with advanced riding,,,some sort of very rough terrain ahead----- 5 minutes later i have my husband call him but they insist we will be able to find our way back on our own...okay,,,did i say it was getting dark and raining,,and we are somewhere in this park ALL ALONE,,,we never saw anyone for a very long time!! Finally I got on the cell phone which was losing its battery by now and DEMANDED someone come and get us..I was frustrated,,,angry,,,scared,,,and pretty damn wet!!! My husband wouldnt admit it but i knew he felt the same...Well,,,a guy in a pickup truck finds us and we follow him back to the entrance of the park,,,,I was beside myself and could barely speak, i was so angry... I insisted that the maps were not clear,,,and that i told him we were beginners and thought he would have had guides or at least people who knew the trails through out the park in case of such an event as ours...He had very little to say,,well i then told him we should be compensated for our terrible experience...He refused,,,He didnt even offer us ANYTHING to make up for what happened.. Now I dont know whats out there...im not from texas.....If you think about it,,,this was a serious situation that could have ended up very differently.... I cant believe these men didnt even blink an eye, didnt care AT ALL... Just looked at me and said .."sorry...theres nothing we can do about it"
I would NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER tell anyone to visit this park.... What they did was completely utterly WRONG,,,,,,,I dont want to get dramatic but we could have died,,,ok??
I mean,,yeah,,,,it was that scary after awhile..... Something so simple as a ride in a park ended up being a nightmare,,,,,and it didnt have to be that way,,,,,There was no sign of any emotion on this guys face,,, I was dumbfounded! Look,,im sorry if i ruined someones plans to visit this place,,,but seriously even if you know the trails and you really have the experience for ATVing,,
dont support this park,,,,What if that was your kid who was out there? I mean really!!!

Visited December 2012