“Good But Not Great”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Good brew pub menu with decent offerings. Food was tasty and satisfactory but not outstanding. The flight of beer gives one the opportunity to try their beers, and while enjoyable, again, nothing outstanding. I was glad I tried it but wouldn't call it a destination spot.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We're making all the breweries and brewpubs in the Austin area, found this listed in the Austin Beer Guide and made a lunch trip. Thought the food was very good, tried Crabby Cado and a Patty Melt, burger done just right as ordered. Cheese grits as a side were superb! I'd go back just for those. Heard good things about the green chili burger and the onion rings served with a sweet & sour type sauce, different, good. Between four of us tried all the beers they had that day, most good but nothing real special except for the holiday IPA they had that day, it had some better flavor. This is a nice find in Marble Falls, restaurant scene there seems to go up and down.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Well, on our way around the hillside country around Austin we discovered this oasis smack in the middle of the desert. Have been to Marble falls (or should I have said driven through it) several times on my way on business but this time we tried something new and stopped at Double Horn brewpub and what a pleasure it was. Great ambiance, great food and WOW incredible brew, had the brewer recommended BLACK DAN and I can only say, TRY IT. tried several brews and I am sold for sure, this is a great place and I will return. They also had these best sweet potato fries that I love, best I have tried ever!

TRY IT!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We went on a Saturday night. We were seated immediately. The place had personality. There was live music (way too loud). Our waiter was a really friendly guy. There were (surprisingly) lots of kids there. The food was ok. I'm not a beer person, but my husband is. He rated the beer as "average at best."

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Had the beer sampler - the pale ale was tasty - the rest were average. The food was average at best. Was there on a Saturday night with a duo singing through a PA which really rang through the building making it hard to talk at the table. Having said all that, it's important to keep things in perspective - it was not bad for Marble Falls which doesn't have much to offer in terms of dinner and fresh brewed beer.