“Weekend trip”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Marble Falls
Midland, Texas
“Weekend trip”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were in town for a shooting competition and this hotel was a great place to stay. Very clean and accommodating for our sport, it also looked like they are pet friendly. Good location and easy access.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Dfw
Reviewed June 16, 2014

This hotel offered a reasonable value, a comfortable bed, a clean room and good TV access. Initially we knew the hotel was not booked full and we asked for any room NOT next to the elevator. We got a room directly behind the elevator. (Fortunately, it wasn't noisy like most.) The carpet in common areas was FILTHY! Very poor internet access. When brought to their attention, we were asked to call an 800#. We knew it wasn't us - or our computer - but a router problem so we connected (barely) thru another floor. I don't believe we should have to call a tech company to assist with their computer problem and we were not happy with how this was handled. Breakfast was barely OK...fruit was old and brown and they were not stocking any choices promptly. Though the bed was comfy and the room did seem clean, we will not stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need internet access, this may not be the place for you.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kathleen A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Marble Falls, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Kathleen A,

Thank you for sharing your experience online. It makes us happy to read that you found the room comfortable during your stay. I am however, disappointed that the WiFi connectivity and cleanliness were a let down. We are very sorry the breakfast selections were not to your liking and that your specific request for room accommodations were not dealt with promptly.

As a valued guests, we give great importance to all your comments as this allows us to identify areas that can be improved upon. Thank you for your feedback, and we hope to have the opportunity in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Six months ago, I reserved/booked online a room here. This is a very nice hotel, if not the best, in the area. I've stayed here in the past to run the Spartan Race series. However, this time around, I was unable to run the race due to Grade II sprain and multiple immediate family health issues. When I contacted the hotel to cancel my reservation, I discovered I was billed in full through a third party, and the hotel personnel said they were unable to issue a refund. I was billed in full, $119-129. Furthermore, they said if it were up to them, they would issue the refund. I requested a contact number for the third party and the hotel personnel provided me with the number. I called the third party, they said it's up to the hotel to issue the refund. I conveyed the information I was given by the hotel, and the third party immediately called the hotel. Low and behold, the hotel possessed the capacity to issue the refund but it had to be approved by the manager, and he/she was not around but "they would give me a call tomorrow." Well, it didn't happen. I was never contacted. I was never issued a refund. Buyer beware.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Josh D
Linda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Marble Falls, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
I am sorry about the above situation the only way we would not issue a refund
on a guest stay is if the reservation was a non-refundable reservation or if the
reservation was not cancelled with the terms of the cancellation policy .
It happens a lot and I fully understand your perception ,but we can not he held
responsible for guests not understanding the terms and conditions of pre-paid
reservations or the hotels cancellation policy .

Holiday Inn Express
Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Beware...if you have a reservation complaint hope you don't have to talk to the manager there because you'll never get to talk to her. Plus was told this was a franchise and privately managed hotel and not a company hotel so unless I talked to her (after calling her 3 times with no response) nothing could be done. I couldn't leave a review either on their website because no record of my reservations remained on file but was charged just the same.

BE SURE TO GET SOMETHING IN WRITING ABOUT YOUR RESERVATIONS.

Will not be staying at a Holiday Inn again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank ChinTexas
I am sorry about the above situation the only way we would not issue a refund
reservation was not cancelled with the terms of the cancellation policy .
It happens a lot and I fully understand your perception ,but we can not he held
responsible for guests not understanding the terms and conditions of pre-paid
reservations or the hotels cancellation policy .

Holiday Inn Express
Friendswood
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

This is the 2nd time I've been here. I really like this hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean. Breakfast in the morning and staff is really friendly. I definitely recommend this place for your stay.

I stay here on business and it definately meets all of my business needs with free WiFi and computer desk in my room.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Monica G
Linda G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel Marble Falls, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
We love what we do and we are so happy it not only shows but that you took the time
to tell us about it . That is so very appreciated , we don't always hear the good and many
times people only take the time to talk about the bad. So your comments are so very appreciated
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

Well run, clean, comfortable hotel. The rooms are comfortable and roomy. The location is convenient. The breakfast is fresh and had a good variety. The desk staff are friendly and helpful. The workout room was well equipped. It was too cold or I would have enjoyed trying the pool.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thanks so much for your wonderful comments we hope that when you are in the
Marbles area again ,you will make us your home away from home once again.
We try very hard to make all of our guests feel right at home and hopefully we will
see you again soon.

Pine Bush, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here while visiting my Moms ranch. This hotel sets the standard for every aspect of hospitality!!! Staff check in hotel cleanliness everything is top notch 5 star rated but yet affordable!!! I have stayed in 5 star resorts that do match the stay at this hotel! Holiday Inn Corporate would do well by their entire business to make sure all their hotels met this standard of excellence!!!

Room Tip: any room is a great stay in this hotel!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
#3 of 7 in Marble Falls
Holiday Inn Express Lakeway
Lakeway Resort and Spa
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel Marble Falls? Share your experiences!