“Great stay....but....”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel Marble Falls
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Marble Falls
Reviewed July 25, 2011

We've stayed at this wonderful hotel before and we will still again, but I must mention two issues during our last stay. Here’s the positive: We always enjoy the large suite style room and complementary breakfast (it's the best around, I'm sure). The location is wonderful and the staff is also very pleasant and helpful.

Now the negative: During the Saturday evening stay, when the hotel was full, our air conditioner no longer would cool our room down properly. During the week it worked fine (set on 68 degrees at night), but we all ended up sweating on the weekend night. The air coming directly out of the unit was only cool, not cold. I’m guessing when all the units are running at capacity (and it was very hot outside), it just can’t keep up. That was a little disappointing.

Next, we received no cleaning service on the day before our check out. We headed out for the day around 9:30am (just about the same time every other day) and when we arrived back at 7pm, our room was not cleaned. When we had left that morning the cleaning cart was right next door, so I’m not sure why we were missed (accidental or intentional). That was disappointing. We did not mention it, as we were leaving in a few hours, but next time we may speak with the front desk to be sure it gets done each day (we had trash cans over flowing and no coffee or shampoo/conditioner refills).

I also wanted to mention a quick note about the pool. While it was neat and clean, we were surprised to find it all very shallow (maybe 3.5 ft in all). It's fine for little ones, but not much for the older folks. I'm not sure if this is indictative of most hotel pools in the area, but the shallow waters kept it very warm (and less refreshing) during our stay, not to mention a little boring. It's nothing to rave about, but we were glad to use it anyway.

We will likely be staying here again in a few months, so I’ll be sure to post an update.

1  Thank KukanaTN

Reviewed July 22, 2011

We had our family reunion on the weekend of July 15th at the HIE in Marble Falls, Texas and has a wonderful time there. Daryl, Justin, and their staff were so accomodating and kind to our group. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are great. Our family will return to this Hotel.

Reviewed July 22, 2011

The hotel commons areas were well-appointed. The check-in staff was courteous, friendly and helpful. The GM and weekend managers treated us like royalty. The full breakfast offered different highlights each morning - and was extremely good by "free breakfast" standards. The sleeping rooms were large, comfortable and the AC had been set for us before we arrived! Beds were plush and comfortable with plenty of pillows. The hotel staff were always friendly and courteous. Parking was accessible to entrances near rooms. The pool was adequate sized, secure and sparkling clean. The facility is easily accessible from Hwy 281 and is close to the lake as well as other Marble Falls attractions. No doubt the nicest HIE I've ever stayed at.

Room Tip: All rooms were very quiet, regardless of location.
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We were there visiting with family and friends. The staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. The manager,Darrell, and his assistant Justin, made our stay very relaxing and managed to keep our stress level to a minimum. Thanks for everything.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

My family and I had the most awsome time at a hotel ever, The view was great and the staff treated us like family. If I,m ever in Marble Falls again it will deintly be where we stay.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

This is where my husband and I shared our wedding reception. The managers, and all of the staff were absolutely wonderful. We worked them from about March and throughout our stay. Everyone one was more than happy to help with a great attitude.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

My stay at the Holiday Inn Express this weekend (7-8 July 2011) was the best I have had in my years of travel. Each time you met the staff they smiled and greeted me. The General Manager has set the tone for the service in this Hotel. Daryl Barnes treated each guest as if they were an old friend and not a customer. We were there for my Nieces wedding in which the reception was held at the hotel. We lacked for nothing when setting up the reception room at the hotel, the staff made sure that all our needs were taken care, without complaint or hesitation. I recommend this hotel to anyone that is staying the Marble Falls area.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms in this hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
#3 of 7 in Marble Falls
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet
Best Western Post Oak Inn
Lakeway Resort and Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel Marble Falls? Share your experiences!