“Loved the wine, food, atmosphere!”

Flat Creek Estate Winery
and up
Wine Production Tour with Tasting
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Bistro seating Thursday - Sunday 11am to 4 pm PLUS Friday & Saturday for Dinner(Reservations Required). Come join us. Our destination winery has 20 acres of vines on 80 acres in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. We produce handcrafted wines in our 10,000 case winery. Taste our wines, enjoy a lunch, schedule a private dinner or reserve for your special event!
STL
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Loved the wine, food, atmosphere!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I love trying new wineries, and this one definitely delivered. I went with friends for an afternoon: we did a tasting, then had a late lunch, and walked the grounds and found several places that provided great photos! The wine was amazing, and food offerings interesting and delicious.

Visited November 2012

Olney, Maryland
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“I have been to over 200 wineries in the US”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have been to wineries in New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Oregon, California, Colorado, New Mexico and Texas. Facilities here are excellent. Scenery is decent. I wish the wines were more complex but that may be due to the climate. But I think this is one of the better wineries in the state. And being estate grown is important to me. Been here 4 times, service is always very friendly.

Visited November 2012
Cedar Park, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Turned away at Bistro when it was empty.”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I have been here several times before and enjoyed the food, wine and scenery. Today we wanted to have a late lunch at the bistro but didn't make reservations. When we went in the restaurant it was empty and it was about 40 minutes to closing. The waitress told us that all the tables were reserved and they had a large party coming in, which was hard to believe. We went over to the tasting room and had a nice cheese plate and wine. So the afternoon was not a total loss. However, the view is not as nice from the tasting room. We stopped by the bistro on our way out and it was still empty. It's seems like they didn't want our business so we probably won't be back. It took us 40 minutes to get there and then to be turned away for no visible reason was disappointing. If you go make sure you make reservations!

Flat_Creek_Estate, Manager at Flat Creek Estate Winery, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hi SKMTraveler, So sorry to hear about your experience on Saturday. I know it seems odd that we were not able to seat you when the restaurant appeared empty. We did indeed have a large group coming for the last reservation of the day...they were unfortunately late and had we been aware of the fact that they would not be arriving on time would have been happy to seat you. Our kitchen is a bit smaller than the standard restaurant which is why we post "Reservations Required" because large groups can easily cause a delay in service. By taking reservations we are able to ensure that all our guests have an exceptional dining experience. We hope you will give us another chance and please remember to call ahead to reserve.

PS The Pavilion is often a great place to enjoy a cheese plate to get a better view of the vineyards. Hope to see you again soon!
Austin, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Girls Day”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

What an amazing day. The location, food and service were perfect! We enjoyed a wonderful Sunday brunch then a private wine tasting and tour followed by more wine and dessert! PERFECT!

Shan offered great information and was so helpful two of us even joined the wine club. I wasn't a huge fan of Texas wines prior to this trip. I have now found several Fall Creek varieties I enjoy and I'm really looking forward to the Tempranillo that should be bottled shortly. My husband actually sounded like he is interested in returning with me for a wine tasting as some point in the near future.

I'm looking forward to my next visit!

This would be a wonderful venue for wedding / private party / anniversary party / brides luncheon / quiet bachelorette party

Visited October 2012
Thanks Tym2Pla! Glad you enjoyed our group Brunch, Tasting & Tour package! We look forward to having you visit again soon and please don't confuse us with Fall Creek...just a slight typo in your review post. See you again soon at Flat Creek Estate! Cheers!
The Woodlands, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great winery!”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Loved the tasting and discovering their distinctive wines. We ate at their bistro as well and sat outside overlooking the winery. We met the owner and chatted with other patrons. The whole experience was so relaxing and friendly.

Visited October 2012