“Excellent Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2014

The Thai dishes are all very authentic. They use no msg to enhance the flavor of the food. Our dining experience has always been very pleasant. We enjoy the wait staff and the owner who are always very personable.

1  Thank Allison B

Reviewed February 26, 2014

It was obvious the locals like the buffet and lunch here. Unlike some of the reviews, I thought the service was good in spite of a limited staff. The food was a bit salty and it was not clear that we could choose brown rice. My partner's noodle dish was short on vegetables and long on noodles. Inquire. I think they do a good job and the wine was tasty and reasonable.

1  Thank Ricki M
Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I received the Absolute WORST Service EVER! The person waiting on us was rude from the moment we were seated. He brought our drinks holding his had over the tops of the glass. This is disgusting and unsanitary. He threw our straws on the table. I don't know why we were singled out for this treatment. The next couple (and baby) that came in were treated completely differently. The waiter was quite affable and even cooed at the baby. He was conversational with the couple whereas he cut me off when I simply tried to order my drink.

Had this waiter treated everyone this way, I would have chalked it up to him having a bad day. My husband asked for the bill so that we could go somewhere else. When the waiter brought his change, he again threw it on the table. He was completely unconcerned.

We had been to this restaurant several times in the past and received great service. We had even brought friends and recommended it in the past. We had never seen this person on previous trips. Sadly, I think that he was the owner.

Needless to say, we will not return. No one needs to pay to be treated poorly!

2  Thank Renee S
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I went here while on business....I love Thai food and usually leave it to my husband to do the finding.....but I ventured out on my own and this place is a gem! They are incredibly nice and the food is wonderful! I started with the shrimp springrolls, perfectly fresh...and the peanut sauce was perfectly spicey. I had the pineapple friend rice that comes with raisins, cashews, green onions....chicken....amazing! I could not stop eating it! I highly reccomend!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Have seen the staff bust it all out and work with a crowd with a couple of large parties in season. Very good service, better when not so busy.

Luckily the lay out of the restaurant allows for some intimacy even when crowded.

Have eaten Thai across the country and G&S presents very good Thai food as typically offered in the US. Satay, noodles, rice, curries meet my tests for quality and enjoyment.

There is another Thai restaurant in MF and it actually can offer up some good dishes but the service is disastrous and ambience dull.

So G&S is my go-to for Thai in that area of the Hill Country.