1,529 results
All reviews hill country colorado river view from the balcony great view of the lake christmas lights horseshoe bay small balcony beautiful hotel bluebonnet cafe great place to stay third floor waffles nice pool the breakfast area rooms are large staff was very friendly and helpful free breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed March 5, 2016

The whole experience here was awesome. We stopped in without reservations and paid a lot less than we expected!
We came for a getaway with our dogs. We had a great view of the lake with a balcony on the fourth floor. The front staff were friendly and helpful (Roxanne, Stephanie, Sherre and one other lady working with Roxanne) and I can't forget the awesome breakfast!!

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2016

If you are planning a big event and considering reserving a block of rooms at the La Quinta Inn in Marble Falls, please read this review and consider this warning so that you may avoid the same unpleasant experience.
Let me start by saying that I generally love La Quinta and it is our first hotel of choice for all our travels. We stay at a La Quinta at least 4 times a year minimum and they are always the hotel I recommend to others. Needless to say, we have absolutely no plans to stay at the La Quinta in Marble Falls ever again and I can say the same for all friends and family (especially after witnessing how horribly rude they were in handing the situation).
I made an arrangement and signed a contract with La Quinta approx 7-8 months before our wedding to set aside a block of rooms for our family and friends to reserve. We were specifically instructed to call to make reservations under this contract. Unfortunately, it's EXTREMELY difficult to get a person to answer the phone and there is no answering service. In addition to my own experience (calling a minimum of 5 times during a week, always at different times between 8am and 5pm, and letting the phone ring at least 30 times - never reaching a person), I received similar feedback from every single person that reserved under this contract. I believe 1 of our guests was actually able to get someone on the first try. All others reported calling at least 2-3 times before getting in touch with someone.
I personally reserved 2 rooms 5 months in advance. The email receipt I was sent did not state the number of rooms reserved. It only mentions 2 people for 2 nights and the charge was obviously for one room. I immediately called and was repeatedly told that it is for two rooms, even though I stressed repeatedly that the invoice did not say that. A week before the wedding, I was emailed the same confirmation invoice. I called and called and called and called, but I could never reach a person answer. I still expected 2 rooms since I had been reassured multiple times when originally making the reservation.
When I showed up, I was told it was one and that the hotel is booked so we're out of luck. As you can imagine, it was a HUGE inconvenience to have to deal with this the day before our wedding. In dealing with the person at the counter and the manager, I never heard a single apology. Instead, I was lectured by the manager Paki and told that La Quinta was already operating at a loss for the contract they signed with me. I bluntly pointed out that that is not my concern or my problem. When I asked what they could do to fix their mistake, I was told (almost verbatim), "Instead of charging you the discount rate for the room (the room they did manage to reserve), we can charge you the full, regular rate." Absolutely the worst customer service response I've ever heard.
To make matters worse, the general feedback from all family and friends staying for the weekend was not positive when it came to the staff. It is unfortunate considering that the hotel itself is quite beautiful and they serve a great breakfast.
Here's the takeaway: (1) The system they used is flawed. When all business has to be conducted via phone (A) it would be nice to have someone answer the phone and (B) the employees need to do their job properly. My biggest issue would not have been an issue if someone knew how to read their computer system correctly and had not given me misleading information on MULTIPLE occasions. (2) If one employee (desk clerk or manager) that I had to deal with in trying to resolve this situation had simply said, "We're sorry," it would have made a world of difference. Instead, I was bullied by the manager.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Pakki_6049, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marble Falls, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2016

My front desk staff was flabbergasted and dismayed after reading this review; they always hustle to answer the phones as quickly as possible and to be informed that the phones went unanswered for days just did not add up. In hindsight, we did have two occasions when the phone lines were down for more than two days. Construction crews had severed fiber optic cables, the first time close to San Antonio and close to Boerne the second time; these incidents left the entire city without phone service. In fact, I am presently working with a company that will provide a backup system in the event of outages in the future. I wish this reviewer would have sent me an email or contacted the LQ reservations center, she would have been informed of the lines being down and I could have taken care of the reservation.
We accommodate 20 to 30 wedding groups each year and 99% of them are extremely happy as can be seen by the numerous TripAdvisor reviews and all the postcards, letters and emails that I receive. In this instance we held 15 rooms for over 6 months for this group, they ended up picking up just 4 rooms, this does not constitute a group; common courtesy would dictate that someone should have informed us to release the unwanted rooms. In both the negative reviews that we received recently two common traits are found; one is that both parties jumped to conclusions that were eventually found to be baseless and the second was that extortion was used by threatening to post negative reviews and calling the corporate offices if a refund was not issued, so here we are!
All the staff takes great pride in the hotel and do their best to provide top notch service, we may fail sometimes but it will not be through lack of effort.

Reviewed March 2, 2016

This La Quinta Hotel sits majestically on a high cliff overlooking the city of Marble Falls Texas and the river running through the city. The hotel has larger than normal rooms and most, if not all have balconies to sit and soak in the view. Great staff, impeccably clean, we will return and hope to see you there!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Pakki_6049, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marble Falls, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2016

Dear Jimmy E,

Thanks so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers here on TripAdvisor. We're very glad that you had a nice stay, and we appreciate your detailed review. Thank you for complimenting the staff as well as the cleanliness of our establishment,

We look forward to your next visit and appreciate your business.

Reviewed March 1, 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff Sheree and Susan are exceptional. They made us feel special by being interested in our dog competition and following up on how we did. Check in and check out was quick. They don't charge an extra fee for the safe. The rooms are quiet and clean. I liked having a ceiling fan over the bed (which I used) and the auto light in the closet was nice. The view of the river is gorgeous. I would say that this is the nicest La Quinta we have stayed in.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Chuck B,

Thanks for letting us know, through your review, that we were able to provide you with an exceptional experience. Thank you for mentioning Susan and Sheree by their names, they are both fabulous employees! Your comments have been printed and posted in the staff break room so that all of our employees can see that their efforts to make a difference go a long way. I hope you did well in the competition.

We really appreciate your feedback, and hope that you'll tell friends and family about us.

Reviewed March 1, 2016

This is the second time we've stayed at the Marble Falls La Quinta Inn, and it was an even more pleasant experience than last year's. Fabulous front desk staff!! Special kudos to Susan and Sheree for their welcoming and pleasant attitudes! PLEASE give them each a raise in pay!!
The room was exceptional and the television was easy to operate - as opposed to some La Quinta's that have no "guide" on the remote and no way of determining which channel is which.
The breakfast was it's normal FABULOUS!

Room tip: Rooms on the higher floors have the best views and are quieter.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear kittyleaf,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write your review of the hotel. I am glad that Susan and Sheree were so welcoming and impressionable. They are a great part of our team. We are glad you found the room to be "exceptional," the comfort of our guests is one of the most important things to us.

We look forward to your next annual visit however we hope to see you sooner!