“Yummy Pies”

Cuisines: American
Description: Listed on this site http://www.marathontexas.com/dining/#
Description: Listed on this site http://www.marathontexas.com/dining/#
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We loved this colourful little cafe and had the deep fried pies. It does not take credit card.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Marathon a few nights and went here for breakfast our first morning. We both ordered the biscuits and gravy and they were absolutely delicious! The only downer was that it was the only option if you wanted a hearty breakfast. They had breakfast tacos and some other pastry items. The couple who own the store were there and they were super friendly. We also got one of their famous fried pies and oh my goodness it was so yummy! I made my husband go back the next day for more.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

Lovely little place for a quick breakfast. Owners are lovely and friendly people.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I stopped here on the way to Big Bend for a fried pie and coffee. The mince meat pie was very good and the coffee was hot, fresh, and flavorful. The lady behind the counter was very friendly. I liked the place.

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I left Las Cruces, NM (having left the desert of Southern California) on my way back to Austin, and took the scenic route back on Hwy 90, to shoot a couple of courthouses for a group in Panoramio. Upon driving through Marathon, I saw "Bakery". Had to stop. The folks were stringing up Christmas lights on the outside as I went inside, finding none of those funky little places you only find off the beaten path. Tough decision, but I bought the last blueberry fried pie (over the sticky roll) and a carton of milk. This is the kind of goodie you can get, home-made and hand-made, out of a local Mom & Pop, that puts mass-produced chain junk to shame. You pay for what you get, too. A bit pricey, but consider the alternative you find in a wax paper wrapper at your corner Stop & Rob. Well worth it! Nicest bunch of folks, too. (Actual address is 113 E Hwy 90, Marathon, Tx 79842)